Pressure Cookers

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have an InstantPot, too. And it's big, but it tucks nicely under the dinette. It's worth the space it takes up - it's very versatile and cleans up easily.

I cook a huge package of boneless chicken in 12 minutes, then shred it and use it on salads and in wraps. From pork butt to pulled pork in 45 minutes. Cook the meat in a marinade and the flavor gets infused right in. I also cook up a dozen hard boiled eggs to keep on hand for fast breakfasts (6 minutes).

I wouldn't recommend cooking in it while driving, but I've done it without a problem (got an unexpected job offer and had to move quickly).

We live low-carb, but I imagine pastas and grains would be a snap in the thing.

Reactions: TeamCaffee

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are also living low carb and basically have gone grain free and I am now cooking up a lot of meat in my Rice Cooker. One of these days I am going to try something else. We have a bigger sink now so I could get something a little bigger so I can set it in the sink to cook. I like the protection the sink offers to keep anything from moving or falling off the counter top.

Thanks for sharing NightDriver how you make this work for you.

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure, happy to share.

A heads up to other folks living low carb --- when we were back in Syracuse last spring, I shopped at Wegman's and discovered these:

Tumaro's Low in Carb Wraps

They're soooo much better than any other low-carb tortilla we've tried - they taste and feel like a 'normal' wrap. Very appetizing. Now I stock up whenever I'm near a store that carries them (there's a store locator here).

I found the InstantPot to be very stable. It's wider and heavier than other appliances I've used. I just set it on the floor when we had to finish a cooking cycle and drive at the same time, and it didn't move. I think you'd like using it, Linda.