Prepass battery

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone had the battery in their prepass die? I think ours did. I went through a scale, it blinked once, made a weird noise and never blinked again. Not sure how to test the battery or if you can replace it or not. We have one of the grey longer units.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Call Prepass. They will send you a new one. Have all the numbers on your old one as they will need that info.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Prepass can tell you if it is receiving signal and if not Prepass will replace the unit.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Some have a test button. It'll duplicate the last light, red or green, that you received. Handy if you get pulled over for running a scale, if you actually did get a green light.
I walked into a service center and swapped my out.
It may have been on 95 in Maryland.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We have had 2 units go dead on us, call prepass and they will fix you up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

moose

Veteran Expediter
anyone else noticed how well PrePass costumer service have improved in the last 2 years, since more competition enter the scale clearance business? anyone else notice how more competition actually RAISED the price? BTW, when you call to swap the unit, make sure they send you a pre-mail sticker, so the return won't cost you. also if you fail to return the old unit, they will charge your account 100$.