Premium Transportation Logistics

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yes, for the photo contest.

I'm not trying to be funny by asking this but do you have any drivers on here? It seems like other than the flat bed drivers everyone drives for Load 1, FedEx, Panther, and a few that run for multiple carriers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

5VAN3

Active Expediter
Premium Trans LLC ‏@PremiumTransLLC

You're the 1! 2 days left for our photo contest. 3 are battling so far! Dinner for 4 at Outback! Takes only 5 minutes. As easy as 1-2-3-4-5!

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I had to post this in response to Paullud's post. No offense taken and none given. Just many folks don't know much about our company. Below my current comments is a link to a post from our Carrier forum here on EO to respond to Paullud's post.

Current comments:
Alot of folks that are leased on to Premium seem to keep themselves. Many are not into computers. We do have a few more mature drivers here. Some seem to be very protective of the freight ("their" freight) - perhaps thinking that additional trucks may take away from "their freight".

Truth is, we have a stellar group of owner operators and drivers working with Premium Transportation Logistics. We don't ask them to wear "cheerleader" outfits here. Gosh, that's an awful visual. We do give them a referal bonus for referring others to the company.

Next month, February 2013, will mark the tenth year that PTL has been fully operational. We are on the brink of finally eclipsing the 100 truck fleet mark. :) Our fleet is a balanced mix of cargo vans, straight trucks and tractors. In the 10 years of business we have leased on exactly 632 trucks. We are at 96 right now. Do the math - that is a turnover rate of 15.18 percent a year. Some of those 632 trucks never showed for an orientation, or perhaps never did a load, or left due to personal or mechanical truck issues. A few drivers have passed away. All of those were included in our turnover rate. We have never once not paid an owner operator on time, which by the way, has no hold back period. PTL is a stable company.

Our company truely has an "Open Door" policy. Any driver can enter any part of our company. Many walk right into my office, or the offices of my partners - Chris and Dave.

We have more than enough freight for many additional trucks. Our brokerage company - Premium Freight Management is on the edge of the same sales revenue as PTL. This verifies the volume of freight we have available for most trucks. (If you are an experienced expediter, you understand that freight can be challenging for the cargo vans due to their numbers and the limited quantities of freight they can haul). In 2012, our straight trucks were averaging $1.97 per loaded mile and $1.57 for all miles. The tractors in our Specialized Expedite Division were well above industry averages.

Hopefully this paints a clearer picture of our company.

Now, (whhheeeewwww - if you know me, you know I can get long winded - attend one of my EO workshops!), here is the link to the posts from our Carrier Forum on EO which addresses Paullud's post.

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/ptl/55190-ptl-llc-drivers-too-busy-post.html

Thanks for reading.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will attest to what John had replied, I was least on to PTL for many years,pay was always in time and correct, many times when I've stopped by the office I could just walk into any office there, John,Dave or Chris. And even after I left I would stop in and still walk to any of their offices. Oh and I guess I'm one of the old school drivers I always kept to myself!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the reply John, I was wondering what your drivers think of the company and what type of people they are. I have never heard someone run your company down but I have heard a couple of positive things but that was awhile ago so I was just wondering. I am looking to help someone find a company to drive for and from what I know you have a great reputation and partner with some great companies as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Thanks Paul - much appreciated. Be safe in your ventures my friend.

5VAN3

Active Expediter
The response to our "Where in the World have You Been?" photo contest turned into a four-way battle. Thanks to all who participated in the submissions and voting! We had 2 winners in January, and we're now looking forward to February. It's been great seeing the sights you've seen. Can't wait for more. Check us out on Premium's FB page!