Preferential Treatment for Expediter Services . . .

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
If our truck said Panther on the side we would be just as supportive of that company as we are of the company we drive for right now.
There is no doubt in my mind we could and would do the best job possible for any company we were leased to.
I am positive that if we had Panther on the side of our truck we would speak to FedEx drivers also.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I said what I said in jest. I have no doubt that you would talk to any expediter regardless of company.

That's part of what makes expediting fun, expediters as a group are a friendly bunch. For proof of that you need go no further than an expediter cook out that follows the Expedite Expo. Dozens of people gather to happily break bread and share stories, without regard for company affiliation.

jacobs

Seasoned Expediter
I have worked for ES I know they get special treament a large precentage of there trucks wont carry the wieght to be D units I have copies of e-Mails sent from home office (bobby) telling us to wiegh our trucks with 1/4 fuel so we can get closer to wieght required then run over wieght if that is what was needed.

we also went into laredo Tx droped a load there where 5 trucks sitting there ahead of us it payed very well we didnt even get parked I told my partner accept it but we wont get it we got it over the other 5 trucks it was 2 skids of auto parts no special needs. now if that is not special treatment it must be a mystery of the ages.
We left after the fuel tank episode (good to Be Gone) I have many things to answer for when the day comes I dont need there help

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I have worked for ES I know they get special treament a large precentage of there trucks wont carry the wieght to be D units I have copies of e-Mails sent from home office (bobby) telling us to wiegh our trucks with 1/4 fuel so we can get closer to wieght required then run over wieght if that is what was needed.

we also went into laredo Tx droped a load there where 5 trucks sitting there ahead of us it payed very well we didnt even get parked I told my partner accept it but we wont get it we got it over the other 5 trucks it was 2 skids of auto parts no special needs. now if that is not special treatment it must be a mystery of the ages.
We left after the fuel tank episode (good to Be Gone) I have many things to answer for when the day comes I dont need there help

We have twice come across ES Teams where they could not carry a "D" load even though it wasn't near the 13,000. weight, and on one ocassion we took their remaning cargo cross country at a good pay. When we bought our truck we were too heavy to be a "D" and were classified a "C". Our "C" truck carried more weight then the ES "D" units we had met. We decided to follow Bob & Linda Caffee's route and had a Lift Axle installed (not cheap) and we are now a true "D". One of the teams shared information with us that indicated some "leaning towards" ES as far as dispatching goes. Our contract does not address issues of favortism, family members (of CC employees) or other special interest. We do not know if there is different contracts (other than the revived flat rate) for the OOs or if we all have the same and no side deals. Business is what it is and in all we have done pretty good (not great) inspite of whatever else is being played out above board or otherwise. I do know Fedex (the company) dose not tolerate even the appearance of impropriorties, but in this business it is difficult to catch those that are dishonest. When Fedex dose catch them, they are very aggressive in their actions. I have witnessed this when I worked for the Express Div. Their priority is obviously to maintain their business growth and then deal with the other daily issues as they present themselves...much like Walmart and their Loss Control Department.

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Finaly The old way is back Frelance. Now Dispatch get me moving. Im wide Open.

You here me!!!!!! I know all of you there read these Tabs.

Now send it.

Doing loads no one else wantes Ill WILL GO TO Florida and Larado.
No more Worries. Ya here!!!!

Im Back.

I dont believe in the NO Win Senero!!

I win!!!!

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Finaly The old way is back Frelance. Now Dispatch get me moving. Im wide Open.

You here me!!!!!! I know all of you there read these Tabs.

Now send it.

Doing loads no one else wantes Ill WILL GO TO Florida and Larado.
No more Worries. Ya here!!!!

Im Back.

I dont believe in the NO Win Senero!!

I win!!!!