Prayers Needed Please

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Can everyone please keep those involved in that terrible accident on the FL turnpike in their prayers. One of our fleets owners D units with Panther was involved in this. You can go to sunsentinel.com to read the story and see the pics. Please keep this driver in your prayers. She was a single line female driver. Still do not know how she is doing. Thanks

M

Mcarriers

She and everyone involved in that horrible accident are in our prayers.

Mello
FedEx

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
She will be in all of our prayers and thoughts. No matter what company you drive for, we all always want drivers to be okay.

Drive safe
Dave Mayfield
FedEx Custom Critical
13 years as an O/O in Expediting.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hope everything works out for her. That was a major wreck.
Keep us posted as everyone at EO is pulling for her and the other folks.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I saw one photo which only showed the sleeper and box of the Panther truck,seemed undamaged but can't tell about the cab.

BIGRIG_787

Expert Expediter
I saw the truck and the hood was gone.I hope the driver is ok. All that were involed will be in my prayers.Be safe out there. Tony

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bernie,

Please relay our best wishes for her and she will be in our prayers as well.

-mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
In watching the evening news covering the story tonight (channel 2 out of Orlando,Fl), the camera panned from an overhead view to alot of ground level views. The Panther unit and an unidentified 18-wheeler were depited as being at the beginning of the crash. At no time during the report was it indicated that these vihicles had caused the original crash. They did attribute the cause of the crash to smoke and fog in the area.

Although emergency vehicles at the rear of the scene attempted to alert on-coming traffic to the initial crash, a log hauler loaded with logs crashed at full speed into the emergency vihicles causing the multiple fatalities. It would appear that the Panther and the 18-wheeler were the more fortunate ones when the log hauler hit the rear of the pack as damage to the those two cabs appeared not to be significant. We can only hope she (Panther) was in a safe place and only shaken up. If not Godspeed her recovery and our hearts ache for those less fortunate.:(

For those of you with travel plans on the Florida Turnpike late tonight and early Wednesday "BE CAREFULL!!!" They are calling for more smoke and fog. Although FL Highway Patrol reopened the pike early this evening they are warning that as a safety precaution they may be closing it again if conditions warrant doing so. Since we are at home here in Fl we will try to monitor this situation and post any updates or you can call FHP for info. Be Safe, Take Your Time, and remember as we say in Florida "Arrive Alive!":)

Prarysun

Seasoned Expediter
Oh my goodness! Just came out of Fl and didn't hear that news till I just read the post. They'll all be in my prayers! God Bless all of you drivers out there! How very sad.

Dianne

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The newspaper photos show one of the worst wrecks I've ever seen - a sobering reminder of what can happen in a heartbeat on the highway...Please, everyone: stay safe out there!
I hope to hear that the Panther driver is ok, and my heart is very sad for those who aren't.

tlang563

Seasoned Expediter
Our thoughts and prayers for all who were involved in this terrible tragedy. Please keep us posted on the Panther driver. Everybody be safe out there. Tom.

are12

Expert Expediter
The Panther driver and all that were involved in this horrible accident will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Please be safe out there!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
By the looks of things, as long as she stayed with her truck she should be okay. The people will be in our prayers.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Well thanks for all the heartfelt wishes. The latest update is the drivers are ok. It was a husband and wife team and she was driving. They are fine just bruised up real bad. Panther is taking amazing good care of them. They were loaded and heading south when it all happened.
From what she said she was passing the other semi truck. If you look at the one pic on the website. She was passing it and had the small pickup truck in front of her. In the pics not sure if you can see it or not but the Toledo Blade newspaper had a great photo of it on the front page. Any ways the pickup truck was in front of her as she was passing the other semi and that's when the smoke and fog came over the road. She said it was so fast and was like a white sheet covering the road. You couldn't see anything. Well the pickup truck in front of her decided since he couldn't see he would just stop in the middle of the road and that when she hit him and swerved a little into the other semi. That was the original crash that started the whole chain of events. The state trooper and fire truck had responded to that accident when everything happened behind them and into them.
Like I said though the drivers are fine. Panther got the truck towed to the delivery and then to the shop and put the team up in a hotel and got them transportation to it and the hospital for the drug screen. Not sure how bad the damage is. The front end is pretty much gone. It was a Hino so not sure what they can do with it. The sleeper and box were not damaged at all.
Thanks again for all your prayers!