Portable Showers now available.

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was in a T/A truck stop recently and was in my "office", checking messages and doing some paperwork. I was reading a trucking magazine and found an ad for a portable shower unit that can be used in any unit that can accommodate a six foot height. There was a website listed and a tollfree phone number so I contacted both. Here is what is now available for those times when you are in those spots where there are NO shower facilities or there are some long lines waiting or the cost is too high. George Hart, of Fort Payne, Ala. drove big trucks for 28 years and got tired of being the only at a loading dock who "smelled like a goat", in his words. So he invented a folding shower stall made of plastic and weighing 25 lbs. Base and top are 28" in diameter and the unit comes with all plumbing and two small pumps with a six gallon tank which will heat water to 100 degrees, and another six gallon tank to collect the gray water. You can see it all at www.hartportableshowers.com . The cost is $296 and $20 shipping and handling. Takes about four days for delivery. Ellie and I have ordered one and will pick it up when we take off for Thanksgiving. Will let anyone interested know how it turns out. George Hart has a very interesting story to tell about how he came up with this invention and how it developed. Says he showed it at the Dallas Truck Show and will be showing it again at next year's Louisville Truck Show. Been on the market since July. Check it out.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hi Big Scooter,

Thanks for the info. I tried going to their web site and had a 404 Page not Found error. Is that the correct URL?

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.Com

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I seen that too. Pickup the latest copy of Roadking at the TnA they have it in there.

I thought about it but I can imagine my nekkid 400 pound body getting in and out of a shower in the lot of a truckstop! I mean my exwife is still in theraphy trying to get the image out of her head. (I hear after 10 years the nightmares are less frequent.) I can't do that to the women on the trucking industry.:p

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sounds like something worth checking in on. I, too, was unable to access the web site. Please double-check. Thanks. Larry

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well Bill after seeing you in that Santa Claus oufit,perhaps your ex wife has a valid point.Therapy and lots of adult beverages would probably be needed, but on the other hand perhaps her ways brought you to 400 lbs.. LOL now lets see what the females on this site have too say..Stay safe

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I WONDER IF HE WAS A ROBERTS EXPRESS DRIVER, AT ONE TIME A ROBERTS
EXPRESS DRIVER HAD MADE ONE UP AND DROVE A D UNIT

5thwheeler

Expert Expediter
Roadtrek camper vans maker has an optional folding shower. They used to have a picture on an older site, but not on the new one. And they had this option for a long time. You can ask them about it.
Also, I like those so called "sit showers"(sometimes "half showers" ).
But this type of the shower would have to be inside of a sleeper, unlike the folding one, which could be used in a truck's box. Something like that. http://www.aliner.com/page5.html In fact, they combine shower and marine toilet in one very portable unit. You could probably even use empty space for some storage,when not in use. This something on my list "to do".
I, however, am thinking of building something similar with a "Biolet" composting toilet, instead. They are probably the best out there, but costy. But hey, it is something you use all the time. :)
http://www.biolet.com/

There is alot of useful info you can get from RV sites on portable("on a go" ) appliances.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
you can also go to internet search ( portable showers and come up with about 1000 sites with portable showers, 1 good one is bivouacbuddy.com
it about 100 bucks cheaper and do not know what the hart shower looks like cannot get on the web site with a 404 error message.
or take in any Camping or RV store and you will find them eitheer in stock or special order.
Frank:)