please

G

I would like to ask expediters to please not part your short trucks in the tractor/trailer areas of truck stops unless you can park them end to end. It really is irritating to finally find a parking space, then to learn that there is a small vehicle hiding between two units. Thank you for your co-operation.

G

are we lower than you or something. they do not make a place for short trucks and then tractor trailers. i didnt see you tell bobtailers to find somewhere else to park and they do the samething that we do, or how about all the dropped trailers right up front, i dont mind a dropped trailer but the least you "big boys" could do is put them in the back. you are no better than we are and we pay the same fuel prices,same resturant prices,and same parking fees that you do so we can park uor trucks anywhere we please just like you.When you get the truckstops to give us a dicount on everything we will start double parking our trucks so that you "special" people can have a parking spot without seeing a little truck in it.I hope you relize how dumb your post was and apoligize to us because you are no better than we are, you put your pants on one leg at a time just like we do

G

Retread, I totally understand your frustration (how about dropped trailers?). Where are we supposed to park though? The majority of truckstops don't let us park in the front lots with the cars. Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

G

Susan, dont be so nice, he is making us out to be a lower class of drivers than he is.

G

Thanks for your reply Susan. Bobtailers parking in the lots are a waste of space also. I posted in this forum because I knew it would reach many people who drive straight trucks, not to single anyone out. Many times straight trucks can get away with parking in other areas, like the sides or back of areas where cars park.
The dropped trailers are a pain, but there is no where else to put them sometimes when you have to leave to get service or grocerys.

G

Retread, I have a problem with this statement for several reasons. 1. I am a larger unit than most bobtails, so that forces me to park in "big truck" parking.

2. I am not allowed by most truck stops to park in the front. (see the Detrioters rule on straight trucks)

3. Why should I be forced to give up my parking priviledge for the simple reason that it ruffles someone elses feathers who cant find a place to park, was I not there first. DO they offer pnv in any place other than the "big truck" lot except for Laredo?

I guess what bugs me the most about this post is it comes from a veteran expediter. I do not see myself as a second class citizen, why do you? I realize that you run both big trucks and expediters, and I would hope that you do not distinguish your drivers as anything but drivers not big trucks and expediters. I have run both types, and the time critical is much tougher than big trucks in my opinion for the simple matter that we have so much more down time, to be immediately followed by the "run with your hair on fire" syndrome. If I am going to be forced to spend my money as a "regular" trucker, I should be treated the same.

In closing, if I and the others have misinterpreted this post, I apologize in advance. If not, I would ask that you think of the lifestyle of your fellow expediters before making such requests in the future.

G

yes retread we migh can park in other places but ALOT of us have park n view because we have to lay over longer and they dont offer this in the car parking lot. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but if we park in these places and get a ticket will you pay it for being able to have a parking space instead of us? Just remember we pay are road taxes too and dont get a break at these truckstops in which alot of them these days charge to park so you will just have to share the lots with us because we are TRUCKS and have the same right to park in these spaces as you do . Just because we only use 40 ft instead of 65 or 70 doesnt make a difference. As a matter of fact alot of drivers like it when we get between them beause we can give them more room to get out in these tight parking lots that TRUCKS are limited too.I may have been rude before and if so i apoligize but we all have to share the road AND parking spaces. If we butt these trucks together we will be to long for alot of the spaces and what are we to do if one of us has to leave in the middle of the night to get a load picked up, disturb the sleeping driver so that he can let us out? Do you still feel that what you are asking is fair? I hope not because you seem to be a level headed person and frustration just got the best of you before you realized what you were saying or asking for .

G

Retread? The Retread? You always come down on the side of expediters - whatz up?

X

G

Hey folks, if this is the same Retread from Truck.net--give him a break. I personally don't think he meant to ruffle feathers. He is always courteous and knowledgable on that forum. We all have our opinions and he was just making his--I don't think he was making himself out to be better than anyone else. We're all in the same boat--not enough good parking. I run a "B" unit and hate to see the big trucks in the 4 wheeler lots at the rest areas but when you're tired and need to stop where do you go? We need to see this parking situation from all sides. :)

G

CJ, I was attempting to be courteous in my response. I realize there are always two sides to every opinion/story, I just felt that since this is a discussion board, I would post my opinion also. If retread is the same person who posts on Truck.net and jroman.com he ALWAYS is courteous and informative, that is what amazed me with this statement since he runs both expediters AND big trucks. If it isnt the same person, my apologies in advance to both of you.

G

I would like to CLARIFY that I did not post this statement. I am the original Retread, moderator of the O/O Forum at Truck Net. I wondered what it would be like if someone took this name for theirs. Was hoping I would never find out.

I can understand that frustration of finally thinking you've found THE spot after searching, what seems like, forever. However, designated parking spaces for different class trucks are not to be found. You will never please everybody and consideration goes a long way

G

Thanks for clarifying that Retread, my head almost spun off when I saw a posting like this with YOUR name on it, and it didn't dawn on me until afterwards that it might not be you. My apologies, apologies, apologies.

Frosty

G

Note the different email addresses. Mine is from Truck Nets email service.

As I told Frosty Doll, I'm innocent I tell ya! I been robbed! LOL

I surmise the original poster drives a Class 8 and not a straight truck.

G

Retread (the expediter) Your forgiven! You had us worried for a minute!! LOL!!!!

X

G

Ok, now that we decided it wasnt the REAL Retread, lets get down to business with stringing the impster and flooging him LOL. Retread, THE REAL ONE, you get the first whack. <evil grin>

Frosty