Please recommend Expedited/Logistic Companies to work for.

Steve1

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hello colleagues!

I have my own authority/MC since 2018 and a single Cargo Van at the moment. I want to get on board with some good company(s) to work with and grow my fleet under their needs. But I really struggle to find any offers like that with one vehicle, their usual threshold is 5-10 vehicles.

Can you please recommend some companies who hire such small carriers? Currently located in TX, OTR is preferred, so state shouldn't matter much.

I am not looking for Owner Operator jobs, driving under somebody's MC, I have plenty offers like that.

Ideally I would like to provide a good service and grow my fleet accordingly, while building a long-lasting business relationship.

Any input highly appreciated!

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately, you're going to have a very difficult time finding what you're looking for with one van. Your only option is most likely going to be signing on with as an o/o, until you can get more vans.

Being based in Texas is also going to be an issue. Depending where you live in Texas you probably won't have a problem getting loads down there however getting loads back out of there is going to be the issue.

Very difficult to break into this business at a company level. Such companies usually end up with the loads that larger companies can't cover or don't pay well.

Best of luck.

Reactions: Steve1

Steve1

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Unfortunately, you're going to have a very difficult time finding what you're looking for with one van. Your only option is most likely going to be signing on with as an o/o, until you can get more vans.

Being based in Texas is also going to be an issue. Depending where you live in Texas you probably won't have a problem getting loads down there however getting loads back out of there is going to be the issue.

Very difficult to break into this business at a company level. Such companies usually end up with the loads that larger companies can't cover or don't pay well.

Best of luck.
Thank you for your reply. I totally understand your point and working on building customer relations in the area, offering services to locals directly as of right now. My issue is that expedited market is too much saturated with middlemen who call themselves dispatch companies and their evil bidding system. I am looking for reliable carriers and brokers and have no issue driving as an O/O. I would rather drive constantly and build a relationship, even for less money, then bid and guess if I get the load. That's why I came here for advice where to look for such companies or get some names out.