Please Read - Fuel Price Questionnaire

G

Hi,

My name is Jeff Jensen, Senior Field Editor of Expediters Online. I'm putting together an article on fuel prices and their effect on expediters and would like to get your input for this piece. If you'd like to participate, just take a look at the questions below and respond to all or just some of them, we'll try to make this as painless as possible. Or, if you prefer, just write a paragraph or two about how you're coping with rising fuel prices and your thoughts on the subject.

l. Name - Real name or screen name(optional)

2. Company(optional)

3. Unit size

4. Fuel mileage of your unit

5. What is your current average fuel expense monthly(weekly)?

6. How much was it 6 months ago?(If figures are readily available)

7. What is the highest price fuel that you've seen recently? Where?

8. Are there any loads that you have refused because of the fuel prices?

9. Are there any particular regions of the country that you will not run because of the fuel prices?

10. Are there any tricks or techniques that you are using to either increase your unit' mileage, or to reduce the impact of the higher prices?

11. Has your company imposed fuel surcharges on it's customers? If so, what percentage? If not, do you feel they should?

12. Do you have a cut-off level in your business plan; if fuel prices reach this point, will you shut down?

13. If fuel prices continue rising, would you consider leaving expediting?

I hope that you'll take a few minutes to give us your input on these questions that are on the minds of expediters. Thanks in advance!

Direct all responses to:

[email protected]

G

Watching the news this morning and all indications are that fuel prices are heading even higher. Thanks you to the folks that have already responded to the questionnaire, need to hear from the rest of you. Keep those e-mails coming!

[email protected]

G

Sent mine in last week Jeff. Any chance we will see the results of your questionnaire when all is said and done?

G

I am O/O of a cube, truck, I have raised
my per mile rate,.08%. Just to stay even
with the rising fuel prices, and I get 11.5
miles per gal. Those poor big trucks O/O
Where will it end, in your & my pockets,
as less spending cash. WHAT DO WE DO,?