Please help

G

I want to know if I can make it running for FedEx\Roberts out of So. Ca. I bought the truck and have the job but understand that I will get stuck back east for weeks at a time. I have a wife and daughter at home and need to know what to expect? I could handle 3 weeks at a time and then 4 or 5 days home, but is that realistic? HELP

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I am not going to say it will be easy. I would suggest you get a codriver. Without one you will spend nearly a week deadheading home. And I would suggest not putting yourself out of service when home. It is tough to get a load out of Cali, especially as a single. Most freight from there, in my experience, has usually required a team. So you will need to be ready if a load you can handle comes out.

I wish you good luck.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Casey, You may want to consider just running north and south in California. Every time we have gotten a load taking us to California, we constantly are getting load offers that never leave the state. Many of these runs can be done as a single driver. Work smart, not hard!!