Please Help me choose a company with a GOOD safety rating.

Eric1

Active Expediter
Hi guys and girls,

I know this is an Expeditors Forum, but I have got all my help here before and learned a lot just sitting back and reading, I wanted to know if you guys could help me narrow my pick of a few companies I'm looking at as a Student Grad (CDL School). I'm pretty much looking for a company with a good safety rating (if anyone know where and if i could find safety ratings of companies and if its even available for public view, let me know).

Or just let me know either who to stay away from or who you would go with over the other choices. I did a lot of homework picking the once with the least horror stories, so let me know what you think.

1. TMC (flatbeds)
2. TransAM (refers)
3. JBS Carriers
4. KLLM Transport
5. Watkins & Shepard
6. Grand Island Express

Thanks in advance.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Federal Motor Carier Safety Agency (FMCSA) runs a Safety Measurement System (SMS) that ranks carriers by certain saftey scores assigned by the system. It is criticized for many flaws but is commonly used and misused.

The SMS site is here. To use it, you need carrier DOT numbers. Those can be looked up here. Or you can click the SMS Results link on the carrier's SAFER page.

Last edited: