Big Truck PLEASE HELP!! I HAVE 2008 HINO W/DPF PROBLEMS.

junkpickup

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Manager
Whataboutbob did replacing the temp sensors fix the problem? My local hino dealer replaced all my injectors and insists my temp sensors are fine. Just got the truck back and still the bar jump from one to 6. Now they say there is a communication problem. It is electrical. I’m not confident that they know what they are doing. Please let me know how you made out with the sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Whataboutbob did replacing the temp sensors fix the problem? My local hino dealer replaced all my injectors and insists my temp sensors are fine. Just got the truck back and still the bar jump from one to 6. Now they say there is a communication problem. It is electrical. I’m not confident that they know what they are doing. Please let me know how you made out with the sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
From my experience, bar graph jumping has only a couple of causes. An airflow issue (bad turbo, clogged intercooler, an unmodified, dirty, or worn-out ITV), temp sensor (or harness connection), or ecu software.

There was a recall that included a software update and 95% of the time it works fine. For 5% of the trucks, the darn graph would jump up, causing the truck to cry for a manual regen. Reflashing the software to an earlier version was the only thing that fixed it.