Please Can You all give me a hand !!

MAGU-TEAM

Seasoned Expediter
First of all God Bless each and everyone of you out there and may you always be safe under his watch.

Hi my name is Mary and I will soon be teaming up with my husband Gus, to start up on the expediting business. But we need your help on a couple of things that are keeping us awake at night. In the past couple of weeks we have been doing what you have recommended on one of your threads, and that is to read up on things. We Have. And We have been reading on comments made by some of you , and that is why we have decided that instead of asking anyone else , we should go straight up with the best persons to give us the most truthful and sincere answers to our questions ,So that is why we choose to ask you all. Please note that I will write down the questions that concerns us the most, and I will wait for each one of your response. I will also let you know that this is our first time doing this line of work so that you will be more understanding with me in case I ask something that might seem like a stupid question to you. And just to let you know before hand, Once we are on the road if ever you guys need a helping hand you can count on your new friends Gus and Mary from MAGU-TEAM. Thank you and be safe out there, Mary
QUESTIONS--

1-On a 24 ft straightbox truck
-What would be the expenses?
-What would be the Income >

2-what will we need to get started?

If you have any suggestions for us, give them to us ,cause we are here to learn from you all who are out there going from hell and back trying to make a decent living and putting a warm plate of food on a table for your family!!!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Mary, welcome to EO! There are lots of folks here to help, but the questions you asked are so broad and encompass so much info, they'd take a looong time to answer, ok? But the answers are already here, somewhere, you just have to keep looking - and any you don't find, we'll try to come up with, promise - but specific questions get better answers, ok? (Expenses and income vary so much, according to your own preferences and debt load, they're impossible for anyone to guess)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to EO and good luck in your new adventure!! You really need to narrow down your questions, as they stand they will be hard to answer. One thing to keep in mind, most of the time it is better to drive for an owner for a while, I recogmend 2 years mimimum, to learn the business and to find out if you can handle the lifestyle. Too many have jumped into this with truck payments only to find out that they really don't like being around the wife or hubby for that many days a year. Some can't take the hours or the truckstop showers. Read the archives, many of your questions may have been answered in there. Then narrow down your questions, like what do you mean by a 24ft box truck? Are you going it on your own or signing on with a company? Take your time, don't hurry your research. Much easier to make mistakes in the comfort of your own home than out on the road somewhere. Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You can get the questions you asked rather easily answered by asking the recruiters of the companies you are interested in. After you have those general questions answered you can narrow the questions down. I can only say at FedEx Custom Critical they hand out fact sheets on what the different size trucks earn and what you can make if you run solo or team. You do have to remember they are a two year average and what an average truck will make. Who though wants to be average?
When you get that information it is a little easier to ask more direct questions. You do not say if you want to buy a truck or run for an owner. That makes a huge difference on how your questions will be replied to. If you are thinking of buying a truck you first need to know the company you are thinking of leasing the truck to and then you need to follow their specs when looking at trucks. Not all companies have the same specifications so if you were to buy the wrong truck for the perfect company you have a problem. Company first then truck.
If you are thinking of working for an owner then those are the directions you can ask questions of and fleet drivers will be more than willing to help you!
Now if you want to ask questions about being a women out here on the road and what to expect ask away we are always willing to help!

MAGU-TEAM

Seasoned Expediter
Mary, welcome to EO! There are lots of folks here to help, but the questions you asked are so broad and encompass so much info, they'd take a looong time to answer, ok? But the answers are already here, somewhere, you just have to keep looking - and any you don't find, we'll try to come up with, promise - but specific questions get better answers, ok? (Expenses and income vary so much, according to your own preferences and debt load, they're impossible for anyone to guess)

Thank you so much for your reply, in other words my husband and I are HONERED for the attention you took towards our concern. And I am sorry for not giving more specific details. the thing is we are sooooo worried mentally about everything , that I totally passed on the fact that without info you would not know how to best answer our questions. I shall remember that for future questions, when I bother you all.
Well just to let you know we are talking to a recruiter from FCC.
But he has not answered our main concerns. So Thats why we decided to go with the pros, "YOU GUYS", we look at it this way who better to answer our questions of concern then you all who are facing them on a daily basis, right? But I made a boo boo, and didnt give you enough information to our questions. So, what I'll do is what you recommend and that is to keep looking for answer in the threads for newbies.
I will look into it in the next couple of days to see if I can get some answers and I'll let you guys know on the progress. thank You All and GOD BLESS!!

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
The others have given you very good advise the only thing I can add is wile you are researching if you do not find the answere or if you do and do not understand it come back on and ask. I am sure someone will be happy to try to help you. The only dumb question for a new person is one that is not asked and cost them money.

MAGU-TEAM

Seasoned Expediter
First of all God Bless each and everyone of you out there and may you always be safe under his watch.

Hi my name is Mary and I will soon be teaming up with my husband Gus, to start up on the expediting business. But we need your help on a couple of things that are keeping us awake at night. In the past couple of weeks we have been doing what you have recommended on one of your threads, and that is to read up on things. We Have. And We have been reading on comments made by some of you , and that is why we have decided that instead of asking anyone else , we should go straight up with the best persons to give us the most truthful and sincere answers to our questions ,So that is why we choose to ask you all. Please note that I will write down the questions that concerns us the most, and I will wait for each one of your response. I will also let you know that this is our first time doing this line of work so that you will be more understanding with me in case I ask something that might seem like a stupid question to you. And just to let you know before hand, Once we are on the road if ever you guys need a helping hand you can count on your new friends Gus and Mary from MAGU-TEAM. Thank you and be safe out there, Mary
QUESTIONS--

1-On a 24 ft straightbox truck
-What would be the expenses?
-What would be the Income >

2-what will we need to get started?

If you have any suggestions for us, give them to us ,cause we are here to learn from you all who are out there going from hell and back trying to make a decent living and putting a warm plate of food on a table for your family!!!!!

Thank you scottlanhelen and yes I will be asking you all in case I get stuck , or cant find an answer on something. I thank you for giving a hand and I know you all mean well and take care of each other , that is one of the things I was seeing as I've been reading the forums for information these past few weeks.
Thank you again and God Bless , Mary

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thank you so much for your reply, in other words my husband and I are HONERED for the attention you took towards our concern. And I am sorry for not giving more specific details. the thing is we are sooooo worried mentally about everything , that I totally passed on the fact that without info you would not know how to best answer our questions. I shall remember that for future questions, when I bother you all.
Well just to let you know we are talking to a recruiter from FCC.
But he has not answered our main concerns. So Thats why we decided to go with the pros, "YOU GUYS", we look at it this way who better to answer our questions of concern then you all who are facing them on a daily basis, right? But I made a boo boo, and didnt give you enough information to our questions. So, what I'll do is what you recommend and that is to keep looking for answer in the threads for newbies.
I will look into it in the next couple of days to see if I can get some answers and I'll let you guys know on the progress. thank You All and GOD BLESS!!

Mary and Gus

Welcome to EO 1st off. Teamcaffee and the others have told you some good things you need to know. Picking a carrier can be hard, because it all depends on where you live to get the best numbers. Being on the road most teams want a nice BIG sleeper that has some of the comforts of home. You asked about a 24 foot box, which is fine but the bigger the box is the smaller the sleeper is too. Most states a straight truck can't be over 40 feet long, so if you plan to build a truck remember that. I see your talking with someone from FedEx Custom Critical which is a start in the right place, they are one of the leaders in this busniess. Call and meet with each company if you can. Plan and Plan for your start into this business, look at the big picture also. You have to ask yourself, is this something we want to do for the next five years if we buy a truck? If you drive for someone at 1st you can walk away at anytime. If you buy a truck and find out later down the road that this is not your cup of tea. Then you will have a truck that has payment on it, and if your not driving it can be costly to you.

Just remember " Most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan".
Good luck and don't shy about asking other EO people things, most of them will help you as much as they can. :)

Last edited: