Pilot Flying J alligns with Speedway

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I imagine they might be feeling a bit of heat from Loves. With the amount of new locations Loves are opening I imagine they are getting pretty aggressive about selling to fleets.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
My understanding is Speedway owned Wilco truck stops (Southeast States) and wanted out of that part of the retail and sold them off to PFJ a few years back. Is Buffett still heavily invested in PFJ? Does Buffett own shares in Marathon? Is there a master plan for market domination in play? Piper is correct, Loves has become very aggressive. Between the two they are walking all over TA-Petro. If only Lives would cater to vanners

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The funny thing about Loves is where are they getting the money to put these places up. Somebody must have deep pockets. Here’s a thought, maybe they are pulling a PFJ stunt by skimming some of the money from the fleets and using it to build these new locations. Don’t have any info but sure seems fishy.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The funny thing about Loves is where are they getting the money to put these places up. Somebody must have deep pockets. Here’s a thought, maybe they are pulling a PFJ stunt by skimming some of the money from the fleets and using it to build these new locations. Don’t have any info but sure seems fishy.

They do seem to be multiplying like rabbits.
I went from having no Loves to two this year near my Port Huron area. They popped one up on 69 and 94, gonna give my local Pilot some competition now.

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
My understanding is Speedway owned Wilco truck stops (Southeast States) and wanted out of that part of the retail and sold them off to PFJ a few years back. Is Buffett still heavily invested in PFJ? Does Buffett own shares in Marathon? Is there a master plan for market domination in play? Piper is correct, Loves has become very aggressive. Between the two they are walking all over TA-Petro. If only Lives would cater to vanners

I talked to a Marathon fuel guy and he told me that they didn't won't to sell the Wilcos but PFJ wanted them badly and there paying for it. PFJ is on a 40 year lease and after that the own them. He said Marathon is making a killing off of it. Yes Buffett is invested in PFJ and will owned 80% in 2023.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I do think Hess and Wilco sale was connected...Speedway I think onlt really wanted the regular stations..and was relieved when PFJ wanted the Wilcos...

Reactions: Worn Out Manager