Piggy-Poop Transport

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey, you expo folks think you have it bad- here's one for you. I experienced this at the Speedway in Berkshire, OH about 3 weeks ago- you've all been there. It was "slop the hogs" time for two piggy transporters- this was the most absolutely disgusting thing I have EVER experienced in trucking, and I wasn't even doing it, just smelling it.
Two hog trucks, two drivers, one male one female. Two "attendants". All worked on the job of feeding and watering the hogs contained on the two trailers. The water flushed from these trailers did not smell like cotton candy, believe me. I could not believe the Speedway was allowing this to go on. Cracked corn and poo-poo water all over the place, and you know darned well the drivers were bringing this wonderful stuff right into their trucks with them. How far were they going, and what (possibly) could have been their pay per mile? If I were killed and in hell, maybe, just maybe, I could be forced to do this job for any amount of pay??
Now, expediting isn't so bad, is it??

Take Care,
Weave

Gade Terbob

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Out here in the country (West Texas), we call that the smell of money!

How far separated from ones food source would one have to be to even think this was remarkable? Pigs are animals and they have to eat and evacuate, too.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Pigs are one of the cleanest animals there ever was. I even had a pet pig as a child we kept in the house (her name was Lulu, like Lulu Hogg) Until she got too big for the house then she made a dandy pork chop!

Pigs are intelligent, smart and very clean. The only thing they are lacking is a good P.R. person.

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hmmm... i think that if my money smelled like that, i might have to get rid of it! :eek:

And even though i do understand the need of EVERY living animal to eat, drink and evacuate, i most assuredly have no intention of having them do the latter of those on my doorstep -- and in any truckstop, the entire parking area IS my doorstep!

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I understand the need for the animal transport business. I was just wondering what these folks are paid to do it. The smell of the trailers doesn't bother me at all. The flush water from this operation did however- it was FOUL, to put it lightly. Should not be done in a populated truckstop. Oink-Oink-
--Weave--