Pickup with a trailer

sullivandave

Seasoned Expediter
I have an 06, f250 super duty truck and could buy a trailer. Where would I go to find out about driving jobs?? I see on this site its all about vans and straight trucks. Any help would be much apriciated. Thanks, Dave

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Go to this site http://www.hotshothauling.com/wowbbs/ . A very informative site with knowledgrable and friendly members . I have to tell you though by the time you add the weight of the trailer you won't have much GCVW left for hauling . Some RV transport companies will hire 3/4 tons but the rates are low . That is discussed in depth at the above site and the archives at dieseltruckresource.com . Just be advised the majority of members at DTR are Dodge guys and info there is not as reliable as at hotshothauling .

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
The other issue your gona come up with all over the East Coast. Dock High, forklifts are not gona come down to you freight must be emptied onto a Dock generally around 3 feet high, in many cases no ramps.

Straight Trucks, Box Trucks, are needed for this purpose.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
broom,
alot of the hot shtter i've seen pull flatbeds. so with that been said being dock high isn't a big deal.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Panther and FECC both have flatbed divisions . It's a whole 'nuther game . FECC even offers oversize service . Regardless the OP only has a 3/4 ton truck and considering the weight of a trailer it isn't likely he will find enough light loads to generate enough revenue .