Phone reception in WY and NE?

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Yes. Nebraska has laws restricting the height of cell towers; Verizon uses towers that are less dependent on height.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Bleh... hope at&t will get their stuff together, dont feel like switching to Verizon!

What a glorious Day!

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have Verizon. The funny thing is, when I’m in certain spots out there. I get no phone service because they do not have an agreement with a local phone/cell tower company. BUT I do get internet because they have an agreement with a local company. Go Figure.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I have Verizon. The funny thing is, when I’m in certain spots out there. I get no phone service because they do not have an agreement with a local phone/cell tower company. BUT I do get internet because they have an agreement with a local company. Go Figure.
So strange! All I want is a provider with a service that works everywhere. Is that too much to ask for? I think it is but we'll get there! Maybe try an army grade sat phone

What a glorious Day!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So strange! All I want is a provider with a service that works everywhere. Is that too much to ask for? I think it is but we'll get there! Maybe try an army grade sat phone

What a glorious Day!
Why don’t you get a phone for Verizon, one for AT&T and one tor T Mobile and you should be covered just fine.

Reactions: ntimevan

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Why don’t you get a phone for Verizon, one for AT&T and one tor T Mobile and you should be covered just fine.
That's a lot of phones I will look into getting Verizon to go with my AT&T and prolly disconnect boost mobile. I had boost of a while because it worked great where I lived but with this job it doesn't pull its weight. I hear Verizon is the most expensive carrier. How much is your monthly plan?

What a glorious Day!

Compa

Rookie Expediter
Researching
If you are willing to get a compatible phone, Google's Project Fi is the solution. It uses the best signal from all three networks!

Their explanation: if you’re using a phone designed for Fi, you’ll get even more from the Fi network; your phone will keep you on the best signal by intelligently shifting between three mobile 4G LTE networks and automatically connecting to 2 million+ secure Wi-Fi hotspots.

The trick is that you have to have a Google Nexus or Pixel phone to use the system.
I can't post links but just google for "project fi"

Last edited: