Petty differences

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sometimes I think when reading you guys thoughts and reading the news, just how inconsequential we as a species really are..when mother nature waves her arm and tosses us a Katrina, A 7.9 earthquake. An F5 tornado...all we can do is watch death and destruction, our bombs and guns are of no use to us...Our politics, our armies useless...only our technology to rebuild and bury our dead. Mother nature could snuff our existence in a bat of an eye and dispense away any proof of our meager existence...and she feels no quilt or prejudice... and to think some actually believe a lowly little plastic water bottle tossed to the side of the road will destroy us!!

Have a good day!;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no longer any need for the kinds of things that lead to the wars of the past. No need to control entire populations, like China. No need to murder millions, like Russia will be doing again soon. No need to build a military to the total demise of your population, Like North Korea. No need to rule out of fear and terror like Iran. None of these things will ever stop until someone stands up to them and stops it. We did with Nazi Germany and Japan. It will take an effort of that caliber to stop it. If we cower, run, conjole, pander too and appeese we are going to have these kinds of things forever. Russia is expanding in South America. There is grave financial problems over the entire area. A perfect set up for a Soviet style take over. Watch it happen. We need a leader in the presidents office that will be willing to take the needed steps to insure that this does not happen. I fear that no leaders are running. Nevel Chamberlin would be proud of both these guys. We MUST deal with the world from a position of strength. The weak will fall. We need England, Canada and Germany to stand strong with us. They both need to make MAJOR increases in thier militarys. France? can't trust them as far as you can throw them. We have to TRY to bring the other around but be ready for the fight to come. Japan could chip in too. They are directly treatend by China, North Korea and Russia. Think I am wrong? Crazy? I read history both the published and the classified. The world is setting up just like it did in 1948 and 1936. We cannot afford to allow it to happen again. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And at what point do we...attack a soveriegn country that hasn't attacked us? We "preceive" a threat defined by OUR traditons and beliefs.... Does that not make "us" the aggressor? Is that not imposing our beliefs on another society? We are Americans, OUR way is the ONLY way and the world should live by our standards?

The home team always think they can win.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
And at what point do we...attack a soveriegn country that hasn't attacked us? We "preceive" a threat defined by OUR traditons and beliefs.... Does that not make "us" the aggressor? Is that not imposing our beliefs on another society? We are Americans, OUR way is the ONLY way and the world should live by our standards?

The home team always think they can win.

At what point do you sit back and let people get killed?

Germany declared war on us, surprising Japan but many knew that would be the end of Germany.

Sovereignty has little to do with a decision to go to war with a country that has not only the international community's representatives backing but also the policy of the united states.

We did not do this alone.

We did not go into this with some false information.

For those who are so naive to believe that a leader of a country who has billions of dollars in assets and access to technology can't/won't/didn't have or use weapons that can kill a large amount of people, well I have a truck to sell you that you can make a million with.

The threat has been proven valid, the people lived under a totalitarian regime and thousands of people were killed.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice speech Greg...not talking about Iraq...talking what layout said about the Russians in South America...the Chinese and Koreans

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nice speech Greg...not talking about Iraq...talking what layout said about the Russians in South America...the Chinese and Koreans

It applies. You can use Europe, the Middle East, Pacific Rim, Taiwan, Africa, or south America.

Think about it for a moment.

Say we have another problem with South America, Columbia is an ally and Brazil is sort of but some of the other countries are moving to the left. So we have another coup in say in Brazil (just an example) and there is bloodletting, so the UN gets involved due to the 'human rights violations'. Well of course they will pull into the mix the US because of our stablity and influence. Brazil has WMD, say killer bananas missles and we know they have been using them against their people, so we decide that there is a threat to us and following the outcry of the international community, we invade brazil to take back control of the killer bananas missles and now we have the same mess we had back in Iraq.

Really if you know anything about the Russians, they are opertunists, and rightfully so. They are in South America the same as China, they are in Iran and so are the Germans. They are exploring in Afirca and may return that place to colonial rule. BUT THE reason they are there is because they have the money from the high price of oil. If we were smart, which we are not, we would be driving the price of oil down to record lows, like $40 a barrel through R&D investments. Is it possible? Yes but not until we get rid of this "must save the earth' attitude.

Watch out for those yellow flying bananas.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OVM, We and Canada and the rest of the world stood by after the Soviets started the cold war by closing the border crossings in Europe in the late 1940's. About 25 MILLION innocent people died. We and Canada and the rest of the world turned our back on our WW2 allies in China and we don't even know how many innocent people died there. Get my drift? It is starting again. We cannot bury our heads in the sand AGAIN!! We did NOT go into Iraq un-provoked. We had several UN resolutions that were ignored by the world. At least 15 other countries went in with us. Looks like GWB must have read real history at one time. Too bad he did not go in for real. Load up the B52's and flatten the bums. Do it now or later or we will die and hundreds of millions with us. It will make the death toll due to abortion in this country seem small. GET MY MEANING? KILLING INNOCENT BABIES, PEOPLE ETC IS THE WAY OF THE LEFT. OSAMA OBAMA IS A LEFT WINGER. GET IT? LAYOUTSHOOTER

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can paint them bananas any color you want, they will fly. You had either help or duck, take your pick. Layouthshooter

always confused

Seasoned Expediter
as always i'm confused. we start with a nice anti green message, go imediately to a bad guys want to rule the world, switch to iraq is the only topic that matters, bring in some deadly bananas, and throw around a oil price control missive just makes sure i'll stay confused. maybe this needs to be split in to multiple threads to make responses easier.

i do have some interest in the banana thingy. a ballistic missile thats edible? do they come in chocolate covered?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think with the issue of leadership, looking back with Iraq and what has happened in our history, Bush has just barely edged in front on the issue of leadership and the UN. He has failed securing our border (which is his job) and failed with controlling his party.

Outside of that, well....