Perfect Coffee Cup

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I like my coffee HOT and all of my travel mugs within a short period of time allow my coffee to get cold.

You might say I should drink it faster BUT I like to make two cups of coffee when I start driving and each goes into a travel mug.

Well I found a Keurig Contigo Auto Seal coffee travel mug that I paid $24.00 for at Target and I liked it so much I bought a second one. There are two different insulated coffee cups and one is rated to keep coffee warm up to 5 hours.

I know that my coffee after an hour can still burn my lips! It is great.

When reading the reviews though it does not good for those of you that like to put milk in your coffee as the mug curdles it.

For my black coffee it was money well spent!

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, am I the only one who finds something really odd about enjoying coffee so hot it burns your lips?
Maybe I'm just worried about spilling it in my lap, lol. :eek:
I like my plain old Mr Coffee, which heats water faster [and uses a lot less power] than the microwave. I use it to heat water for washing dishes, and also to preheat water for cooking in the rice pot.
Both my daughters love the Keurigs, too, but I'm sticking with my old standby, for now.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Cheri it is not that HOT but it keeps is almost as hot as it does when I first fill my cup an hour later.

When I start driving and I make my two cups of coffee I hated it when my second cup was cold when I got to it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Then you might be surprised to find that adding cream [the real stuff], even if it's cold, helps to keep the coffee hot longer, because of the fat content.
Just a bit of trivia that surprised me - doesn't help if you like black coffee, lol.
I don't have a problem with it gradually getting cold, because I have always eaten so slowly that everything gets cold before I'm finished.
I might grab one of those Keurigs for my older daughter, who is a nurse - her coffee gets cold a lot. ;)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
My wife found me a great 12 mug last year. It had the ability to heat coffee to the exact temp you selected on the LCD screen. You could actually put cold coffee in it and it would be piping hot in about 10-15 mins. So before leaving the house, I'd make 2 cups that were 20 & 24 ounces. Drink the first then pour the second over in the heated cup and top off as needed.
But, alas, the heated cup was NOT water tight enough to make it through a bunch of hand washes. Eventually I killed it.
Great concept....poor quality manufacturing.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
My wife found me a great 12 mug last year. It had the ability to heat coffee to the exact temp you selected on the LCD screen. You could actually put cold coffee in it and it would be piping hot in about 10-15 mins. So before leaving the house, I'd make 2 cups that were 20 & 24 ounces. Drink the first then pour the second over in the heated cup and top off as needed.
But, alas, the heated cup was NOT water tight enough to make it through a bunch of hand washes. Eventually I killed it.
Great concept....poor quality manufacturing.

"12 volt mug"

wwgx90

Rookie Expediter
I like my coffee hot, so this post got my attention. There are 8 or 10 coffee mugs that I will pitch after I try the new contigo mug. There are no Target stores close to where I live, so I got on line and found that Kohl's carry the brand. They have a special on this mug right now - $9.90 - if you order on line with free shipping if you order from their store - $24.99 regular price. I have been around reading the posts, but this is my first post.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
wwgx90 notice oh their website there are two coffee mugs that look very similar BUT have different amounts of times they will keep the coffee hot and of course they cost different.

We will be near a Khols this weekend and I am going to check these out. I know they would make great gifts for some of our truck driver friends.

Thanks for putting your first post on this thread! Keep on posting it gets to be addictive and can be fun.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I don't know if Walmart sells that model but they do sell that brand and it might be a little cheaper there. I know they sell that brand because I've gone though coffee cup obsession/hell lately. Walmart also sells a brand with a similar name. Capco, Copco, something like that. Their cup fits my one-cup coffee maker and my cup holder so I bought one. It leaks from the bottom. Don't ask me how, the bottom of the cup is seamless stainless steel.

The 2nd one leaked too. Did I mention obsession? The 3rd one leaked too. To shorten the story a little I ended up spending $17 on an Aladdin cup at Meijers. It's a very good cup but it's squatty and I prefer a taller cup. lol Obsess much?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Obsess? Nah, for a driver, the coffee mug is a tool, right? It needs to be the best quality, or it doesn't do the job well.
I have a Copco mug, & it doesn't leak. Doesn't keep the coffee hot, but it keeps it inside. At least, until I knock it over, which is the one drawback to a taller cup.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Obsess? Nah, for a driver, the coffee mug is a tool, right? It needs to be the best quality, or it doesn't do the job well.
I have a Copco mug, & it doesn't leak. Doesn't keep the coffee hot, but it keeps it inside. At least, until I knock it over, which is the one drawback to a taller cup.

Cheri…. You hit on the other awesome thing about this great cup! It does not spill when knocked over. I have tested this more then once and I still jump when the cup falls over.

The cup is sealed very well and when you take a drink you squeeze the cup.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You have a very long memory Zorry! That would have saved me a lot of money and heartache. That cup might be more valuable then I thought.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Unfortunately I have a memory for the strangest things.

As you know, don't ask me where I was Monday.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought a twin pack of these a few months ago at Costco. I used it once. The sipper opening is flush with the top of the cover instead of indented causing the dreaded dribble effect.