People viewing my ad

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Morning everyone,

Quick question looked all over can't find a solution... I have an ad in the classified section here,
I'd like to keep tabs on the amount of people who view it at any given time, problem is everytime I go in view/ tweak the ad, it counts me in the group. Can you tweak the site to recognize an advertiser's pc as one, and not count it everytime "IT" accesses the site?
Thanks

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Morning everyone,

Quick question looked all over can't find a solution... I have an ad in the classified section here,
I'd like to keep tabs on the amount of people who view it at any given time, problem is everytime I go in view/ tweak the ad, it counts me in the group. Can you tweak the site to recognize an advertiser's pc as one, and not count it everytime "IT" accesses the site?
Thanks

Hi Muse,

I'll have Mike take a look at this and see if it's possible.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Would it be hard to track your visits yourself ?

Opps. Sorry, just noticed your name !

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Apparently not. My question would have been, can't you just look at the number of visits and subtract 1 to account for yourself? I think it's a legitimate question.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think ot would be a fix for everyone if they could unless things have changed for those traveling ips change.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I wouldn't care how many viewed if no one responds to it. Knowing the count isn't going to make interested ones respond.