Pay for expeditors.

BigC

Rookie Expediter
Hi, I have a truck leased on with Panther. I am planning on going to Landstar with a new truck but want to put someone or a team in my current truck. It is a VNL 780 semi tractor. I am wondering what people are paying the 1099 people that are driving their trucks. Any help would be nice as I am somewhat confused ecause of the negotion process the driver has with the carrier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You probably want this in the general forum for most exposure. Maybe a mod will move it. The most common pay arrangement is 60/40 of the load pay. The 60% side pays for fuel and gets 100% of the FSC money. For my teams I paid 100% of people pay to the team, people pay being things like hand load etc. since they are the ones there doing the work. Now, if I miraculously happened to be at the same dock at the same time and helped them I'd take 1/3 for me and 2/3 for them, but so far that's never happened. Time pay, like detention and layover, I split 50/50 because in our universe an hour is the same for them as for my truck. Good luck.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Frist of all make sure you have a written contract stating what your responsibilities and what the driver responsibilities are Your responsibility is normally Repairs, Maintenance, Tires, and general repairs. lights, vehicle and bobtail insurance, satellite. Driver pays for fuel, Tolls, Occupational insurance. and pays 60% to the truck. If you pay for fuel its roughly 40% of the gross. Also make sure you put in the contract 1. at least a $1,000 deposit to cover expenses if the driver gets discouraged and leaves the truck where you have to retrieve it, then cleaning it to you standard. you take this out of there settlements at $150.00 per week, with the stipulation that he/her must return truck to you in the way it was given to him at the time of the lease minus normal wear and tear. Once you receive his final settlement for the last loads he took, then at that time you see what it will cost you to fumigate the truck, and be able to hire another driver. and deduct it from the escrow . Normally it cost about $2-300 to do a proper cleaning. Any other question please do not hesitate to ask, contact me directly at my information below [h=1]Franklin Katz, RTRP, ATP, PA, PB[/h][h=1]Frank's Tax & Business Service[/h][h=1]315 E. King St.[/h][h=1]Kings Mountain, NC 28086[/h][h=1]Local # 704-739-4039 Toll Free# 877-857-1040[/h][h=1]E-Mail: [email protected])[/h][h=1]Web: Kings Mountain, NC Accounting Firm | Home Page | Frank's Tax & Business Services[/h][h=1] [/h][h=1]IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless expressly stated otherwise inthis
transmission, any tax advice contained herein, forwarded with or attached to
this message was not and is not intended to be used, nor may it be relied
upon or used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) the avoidance of any
tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or
local tax law provisions, or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any tax transaction or tax-related matters that may be
addressed herein.

[/h]