Paul Walker, of Fast and Furious ... reportedly died in crash today.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker reported dead in car crash
Nov. 30, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
By Sharon Waxman
TheWrap
The "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker was reported to have died on Saturday after his Porsche crashed and exploded.

TMZ cited “multiple sources connected to Paul” that the 40-year-old star lost control of the car and slammed into a post or tree, with the car bursting into flames after the impact. They published a photo reportedly of the explosion.

A Santa Clarita police department officer confirmed to TheWrap that officers were investigating "significant traffic collision" on Constellation Road at the Rye Canyon loop, but could not confirm a fatality.

'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker reported dead in car crash - MSN Movies News

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Much as I liked the movies, I'm finding it hard to feel very much sympathy for Walker or the driver. Street racing is cool to watch on the screen, but in real life, it's not acceptable.
These two endangered a lot of people for their own thrills, and why is nobody mentioning that? There's more than a dozen cites on facebook, not one saying how utterly stupid a way to die. It's pure luck that they didn't take anyone else out with them, and people like that make me mad. :mad:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Much as I liked the movies, I'm finding it hard to feel very much sympathy for Walker or the driver. Street racing is cool to watch on the screen, but in real life, it's not acceptable.
These two endangered a lot of people for their own thrills, and why is nobody mentioning that? There's more than a dozen cites on facebook, not one saying how utterly stupid a way to die. It's pure luck that they didn't take anyone else out with them, and people like that make me mad. :mad:

Possibly because we don't know he was racing or what happened.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
He probably wasn't racing, per se, but he was traveling at one heluva high rate of speed - and you can see the [downed] speed limit sign in the crash photo: 45.
Several pro race drivers were quoted as saying the Porsche was a difficult car to drive, [not a regular model], and cars like that shouldn't be driven fast & furious on a public street.
The driver, being a pro race driver himself, should have known better.