Parrot battery

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Those of you who decide to buy a new headset, I strongly recommend the expressway. The battery lasts so long I rarely charge mine... maybe twice a week if I remember it. I dont think its ever went dead on me. The over-the-head piece is much more comfortable also. I have mine positioned so the loop actually wraps around the back of my neck. I like that alot better.... the over the head stuff was very uncomfortable for me.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Occasionally mine will become unresponsive (multi-function button doesn't do anything at all). When that happens, plugging the charger into it and then immediately unplugging it resets it, and it starts working again.

I will have to try that thanks. the other unit i am going to return to bluparrot since its under.warranty and just have them replace it. hopefully then it will work.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The battery lasts so long I rarely charge mine... maybe twice a week if I remember it. I dont think its ever went dead on me.
Do keep in mind what it says in the instructions that came with the headset:
Keep charger plugged into headset when not in use to avoid battery drain. It's not necessary for the charger to be plugged into a power source to take advantage of this.

For best performance, keep charging headset when not in use.
Following the above advice will greatly increase the overall battery life (like, it'll last 2 years instead of 1). It's advice that I did not follow, either. Mine worked great, lasted a long time between charges, and never went dead on me, until one day it no longer worked great, and started needing to be plugged in more often. I'm trying to be better with this new battery, keeping it plugged in when I'm not using it.

Fortunately, there's a cheap replacement battery available now.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Do keep in mind what it says in the instructions that came with the headset:
Following the above advice will greatly increase the overall battery life (like, it'll last 2 years instead of 1). It's advice that I did not follow, either. Mine worked great, lasted a long time between charges, and never went dead on me, until one day it no longer worked great, and started needing to be plugged in more often. I'm trying to be better with this new battery, keeping it plugged in when I'm not using it.

Fortunately, there's a cheap replacement battery available now.

I was supposed to read the instructions?

I also noticed at a Love's today that the expressway they had in the display case had a head piece similiar to the original blueparrot. Glad I got mine before they "fixed" that flaw..lol.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I give up on the old one and sending the new one in. Replaced the battery in the old one. it charged flashing red and green, charged.all the way to greeen. try to turn it on and nothing. I tried turtles trick with no avail so I give up. I guess I will deal with a sore ear for a few more days:mad: