panther sprinter loads

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
from the previous reply!!! when its 3 skids or the freight is over 48" tall or over 2000 lbs we get a dollar a mile..sometimes you have to ask for it..sometimes they deny, but when you refuse to take it,they will pay it..if not the dollar a mile they will give you a bonus that will equate to the dollar a mile..granted they only come around a couple times a month...but when they do its pure profit..and remus you answered you own question about not moving to bucyrus, all i can say is sit in detroit then....and enjoy those 2 load offers a week...chances are you will be a statistic within a month..with that attitude..

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I just did a little math on the move from detroit,mi to bucyrus,oh. It's roughly 150 miles. I did my math assuming you get 10 miles to the gallon because I figured it would be less than the actual figure for a van, but I gon't know what they get for mpg. Now 150 miles divided by 10 miles per gallon leaves us burning 15 gallons of fuel. If you burn diesel this site is showing the average at $3.03 per gallon. SO the cost of the move would be $45.45. Now if you burn gas the average is showing $2.76 per gallon. So the cost of the move would be $41.40. SO either scenario I would venture to say if you move and got a load you would make that money back and then some. I'd kinda like to see a van operator do the math with the mpg they actually get instead of the number I low balled.

And check my math.
150 miles/ 10 mpg X $3.03 or $2.76 fuel= $45.45 or $41.40

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get 22-24 mpgs you do the math....the moves worth it.

But I don't think Bucyrus would be necesary...Beaverdams would do fine as a jumping point.

G

I have another issue with Panther boards ..maybe someone here can explain that..If you live in Warren, MI that's an example..you are sitting on two boards Romulus and New Baltimore..1st scenario: turn down a load from New Baltimore board why they put me at the bottom on both boards..and some truck who's sitting just on Romulus is not getting hit with the offer...is that fair?
From my point of view there suppose to have one board, Detroit..or 25 miles radius...just tell me where I'm wrong

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
REMUS, Panther is working on the board system involving macro 8 so it is an actual read for trucks (I believe this applies to all vehicles)on any particular board.

Your scenario places you on two boards. When your vehicle number comes up for a load offer the computer automatically removes you from all boards because you are on a job. You have the right to refuse or accept the load offer. When you accept, your truck number shows as accepting the load, when you refuse the load you are placed at the bottom of all boards you are available for. Unless there are other considerations, more than 8 hrs out, not your rate or you are already on a load.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
hmm sounds like a cheap move to me, been 18th outta bucyrus and was loaded within 12 hours, its one of panthers hottest areas, gotta love timkin, my average load is 387 miles outta there...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Winchester, Remington, Savage, Bushmaster, Weatherby.. I do ok out of any of them.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
actually i just left wichester, now this is a first, gotta go to marriotsville maryland to help unload a straight truck at 8:00 am the pay was ok and will go back to winchester in the morning ???? does that make me a over paid lumper????:7

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Hondaking,
They are paying you round trip tp help unload a straight truck? I figured they may pay you to maryland and then you'd be on your own once you got there.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
took 1.5 hours pay was $200.00 but hey i am free now, dont work with panther anymore.....will post on it tonight when i get home