Panther II info

TheGoodGuy

Expert Expediter
Can any Panther CARGO VAN operators advise me, if I'm getting the true story from Panther recruiting? It has been stated to me that the total weekly fees I will incur runnning a van will be 35.00 a week for qualcomm, and 24.00 a week for liability insurance.

They say they take care of the rest except for workmen's comp and escrow. Does this sound about right, or will I be running into some surprise expense's if, and when I arrive for orientation.

Thanks for any input..

gexcel500

Expert Expediter
I have a 2002 GMC with 420,000 miles so it's not worth much. My deductions from Panther are: occupational insurance-14.56
qualcom-35.00
physical damage/bobtail-11.98
So I have 61.54 deducted each week.

I hope you have a paid for van or money in the bank. Things will slow down as we get closer to the holidays and January and February are the slowest. And vans seem to slow down sooner than the trucks and get busier later than the trucks. It's a great business if you want to see the country but I hope you have really researched the financial aspects of the business. Do you have a family? If so are you the sole breadwinner? How long are you willing to stay on the road at a time? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks. These are practical things to consider if you haven't already. Good luck and stay safe.

TheGoodGuy

Expert Expediter
Thank you gexcel500 for your input, and concerns.

We were not directing any accusations against Panther, or their recruiters, its just that we prefer to have the information validated.

Hope you have a safe and bountiful Thanksgving. Please accept our best wishes for continued prosperity. :)

God Bless America