pallet jack and 4 wheel dolly

G

any opinions on where to purchase/brand of a 2 ton pallet jack and 4 wheel dolly

G

Try Northern Tool and Equipment,1-800-533-5545. This month you can get a 5000LB pallet jack for $270.00 + s/h,they also have dollies etc. or WWW.northerntool.com to get a catalogue,sound like you want into Roberts W/Glove.Lift gates and pallet jacks pay $ but YOU SURE DO EARN IT.Some inside deliveries can take 8-10 hours and while you get some additional compensation,it really isn!t worth it..Been there many times..Good luck

G

Try www.GRAINGER.com They are a very large industrial supply. Not sure where you are located, they have many stores around the country, they can get most anything right to you your location overnight if required.

good luck!!

G

If you look in the yellow pages under elecrical supplies or probably the white pages in any city of any size at all you will find a W.W.Graingers store. I've lived & worked all over and they were always available not too far away.

G

Rich, amen to what you have just said. I had the dubious pleasure of delivering a one-of-a-kind table to a New York City art dealer a few weeks ago. The table was wrapped in 3 layers of bubble-wrap, and was broken down into 4 parts, each of which weighed over 150 lbs. Did I mention this was going to Broadway and 72nd street. I work alone, and do not carry a hand truck, as all my jobs are to factorys with drive-in doors. It took me over 5 hours to get this stuff off my van, and I had to hire some street kids to help me carry the damm things up 4 flights of stairs, also one kid to watch my van while we struggled up the stairs. I will never ever go back to NYC again, if I can help it, and to return to my original point,white glove does pay more, but you certainly earn every penny. BTW, I do not work for Roberts, but this job was laid on me in a moment of inattention on my part, you know how it is when you are sleepy and not paying attention. Jim Bunting...

G

grainger has a discount for roberts driver you haveto pay cash or credit card
to use this discount, just got a pallet jacket from northern 6,000
was bigest they had. one more reason to have pallet jack keeps
forklifts off of truck also p/u transfer loads, if you have a pallet
jack roberts will pay for the use of pallet jack in a transfer if
they only use the pallet jack

G

I'm really confused as to why you would have a truck and not want a forklift on it, if we all had pallet jack's I guess the companies would love us for unloading our own freight,one more giant step backwards.Let the cheap company pay for the dock transfers,it's not worth it wrestling with a pallet jack and breaking a toe or straining a back and then can't work,it's not our job to load and move freight.I don't like to see people get hurt physically or financially by doing something needlessly,we are not dock workers folks,think about it..Things like pallet jacks and liftgates are accidents looking for places to happen.The companies that use them don't worry about the operators,they just want that one more load of freight,greed will get ya hurt in a hurry,and the company suffers not at all,only the operator that misses a payday.I'm off the box,please be careful,let's make this a SAFE and Prosperous New Year.

G

Right on TL!!!!
We need to be moving less of that freight. Who pays when you get injured on the dock?

You...

and me.

X

G

excellent comments about unloading,Bill is right about lumping and the other post about us getting hurt,Yesterday I unloaded at a hospital 3 large dewers of liquid helium for a MRI unit. These suckers take up the whole lift gate and are very unstable as the casters have no brakes.It was pretty hairy for a moment or two as I was alone and you really need two people to handle these things.I f i got hurt guess what.I would be hurt and the company in Akron could care less."Just call us when you are back in service".Lift gates can make you some money but they can cause you to lose money.

G

That was my point exactly Rich,I'm glad you came out ok,but I've been doin this truckin stuff a loooonng time and have seen a lot of guys hurt and it's like you said,those at 2088 Arlington don't suffer for a minute,all they want to know is if the freight is alright..Bill,
CDL stands for Combination Driver and Lumper in many companies minds.You are right,we need to take the Lumper out of the CDL.