Paid Adds for Fleet owners.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
People are certainly free to join the other site, it might give me something else to do. Dave seems to get it and has certainly stood his ground a time or two. A group hug might work, maybe at the Expo in the Load 1 booth.

Honestly.....I told myself I was never never never never never never never gonna join that "Other Site" either. But, there are times when you just have to get something off your chest that when and if you finally do, it's best to do it somewhere else where the over regulated and misunderstood rules and regulations won't come back and bite you in your buttocks. It's good to know certain people here DO NOT have the same powers over there, and that you are able to speak your mind on certain pressing issues.

Now, I'm not, and have not, jumped into their main Agenda over there on certain issues when it comes to 1 board against the other. But it dang sure feels decent to be able to blow off a little steam without repercussions when you're able to "SPEAK THE TRUTH" on certain things. :p

Oh Yeah.....heard the Load 1 Booth at this years expo was going to be combined with a certain online website that covers Expediting. :rolleyes:

(Inside Joke!!!! You Just HAVE to Laugh at it....OK!!! :) )

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Now, I'm not, and have not, jumped into their main Agenda over there on certain issues when it comes to 1 board against the other. But it dang sure feels decent to be able to blow off a little steam without repercussions when you're able to "SPEAK THE TRUTH" on certain things. :p

It seems to be their only agenda. I would say a little competition is a great thing overall for this site because it helps boost hits and gets more awareness of the site out there. I am not 100% sure of what goes on behind the scenes at On Time Media but it must help keep the team there on their toes and push them to be better. Now all EO needs is a site that can give them some competition when it comes to helping, knowledge, entertainment, and political topics to give them the boost.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Now all EO needs is a site that can give them some competition when it comes to helping, knowledge, entertainment, and political topics to give them the boost.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Wouldn't THAT be refreshing.......

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
found this as a fit ending...
It's all in the punctuation:
An English professor wrote the words, "Woman without her man is nothing" on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."

The women wrote: "Woman: Without her, man is nothing.":)

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
"House" for instance, is feminine: "la casa."
"Pencil," however, is masculine: "el lapiz."
A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?"
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computadora") because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine ("el computador") because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time, they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
found this as a fit ending...
It's all in the punctuation:
An English professor wrote the words, "Woman without her man is nothing" on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."

The women wrote: "Woman: Without her, man is nothing.":)

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
"House" for instance, is feminine: "la casa."
"Pencil," however, is masculine: "el lapiz."
A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?"
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computadora") because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine ("el computador") because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time, they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

And just what does this have to do with the thread subject? Hmmmm :p