Overdrive Magazine" rep calling.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I received a call for an "Overdrive Magazine" rep yesterday for the 305 area code. Rep wanting to verify information on file. Anyone in this community have knowledge that this is legit?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I received a call for an "Overdrive Magazine" rep yesterday for the 305 area code. Rep wanting to verify information on file. Anyone in this community have knowledge that this is legit?

I doubt it !!!! I would call them and let them know,

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you now or have you ever been a communist or an Overdive subscriber? If so it is probably a magazine subscription service trying to re-up you. Miami is very close to Cuba so it could also be the Workers Revolutionary Eugenics Commie Kowtow (WRECK) trying to get you to double your pledge from last year.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you now or have you ever been a communist . . .
Joseph_McCarthy.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member
I got a similar call, only from a 440 area code the other day. The girl on the phone asked the same thing, asking to verify information regarding my Overdrive magazine information. I did a reverse number lookup on the phone number they were calling from, and it shows Brecksville, Ohio, area..Going to call overdrive magazine now and see what is up, if they are aware of this.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I got one from 330 it's a phone server dialing device when answered it connects to a call center with a human
Federal law of some sir requires free mag subscriptions to verify every few years so it's Normal .

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
tknight is correct. They have to verify and often do so to validate for the advertisers as well. Easiest way is to send back the little card attached to the magazine before subscription ends.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Overdrive does have a office in Cleveland over on Canal Road... Or they did the last time I was over that way.

guido4475

Not a Member
Overdrive does have a office in Cleveland over on Canal Road... Or they did the last time I was over that way.

I remember when Dad would bring issues home. I'd read it cover to cover, several times, even taking it to school. Until the teacher would confiscate it because of the girls laying all over the truck of the month, scantily clothed....