Over-Unity Generators

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone done any in depth research on this? I just scratched the surface and find it fascinating.
I will be researching more, in hopes of finding out how feasible it is to build one.
Although I imagine Turtle has probably built 3 and has a power bill of -$138 per month, selling power back to the man!!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Not sure on what you are referring to. What kind of generator do you have in mind?

sent from my Galaxy S3

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Google it. It's cool.

Looks like a generator that runs itself off an electric motor. Start it with 110 volts, like with a little power inverter, then switch it over while spinning to run off the power it's generating. The benefit is where the generator is producing more power than the motor requires to turn it. It's quite cool.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Right?! There's a law of electrical physics that says it's not possible. Lenz maybe? But some of the videos online are fairly convincing. Like I said, more research required.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Reading more it seems the theory has been around for more than 100 years but a commercial unit has never been produced. The theory seems possible BUT the construction of a practical generator is some time away... If ever?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You mean the perpetual motion generator/motor that magically produces more energy than it consumes? The one that defies the Lenz's Law of how electromagnetic circuits obey Newton's Third Law which obeys the Law of Conservation of Energy?

Machines utilizing the notion of perpetual motion have been around since the Middle Ages. Not one of them has ever worked. In every case, a supposedly working prototype has never been able to make it to commercial production because of corporate or governmental forces working to suppress the technology. Even back during the Middle Ages. Even in places where there were no corporate or governmental forces to suppress it.

The US Patent Office will gleefully grant a patent to anyone who can produce a working prototype. The only requirement is that you set it up in one of their offices generating power for one year.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
What I'm looking at doing is set up a hydro generator off a creek on my farm in Tennessee. It has a nice year around water flow from springs. So I can generate my electricity and sell the extra back to power company. Just lots of details to work out.

sent from my Galaxy S3

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Instead of selling back, maybe you can find away to get off the electric grid completely. That would be a MAJOR steps towards FREEDOM!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
This is yet another perpetual motion machine, none which have ever worked, ever. It violates the Clausius statement, Carnot's principle, and the Second Law if Thermodynamics.

The closest anyone will get to free energy will be wind and solar power. If one lives next to an active volcano, geothermal becomes an option. One could also dig an oil well in their backyard, or throw an extension cord over a power line, a popular option in third world countries.

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Closest thing I ever saw to true perpetual motion was when my kids were three. Even they ran out of energy eventually; that's when I had to draw on my own reserves at the end of the day to carry them up to bed :rolleyes: