Out of control

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would appear that the thuggery that is Chicago is not restricted to the streets or the Hawks. The fans are now getting involved.

Winnipeg Jets player Adam Pardy got checked, hard, into the glass. The glass came out of it's frame and Adam went through it and part way into the crowd.

While in a bad position one FINE FAN of the Hawks took the helmet off of Pardy's head. ANOTHER FINE FAN of the Hawks poured a beer over Pardy's head.

Pardy very well could have been injured. Instead of helping him, or at least doing nothing, the Chicago fans showed a TOTAL LACK OF CLASS, stealing property from an opposing teams players head and pouring beer over it.

The Chicago Blackhawks, and their fans, should be out of the National Hockey League.

Neither the team or the fans have an once of class. :mad:

Hockey is a rough and tumble sport. Good hard clean hits are part of it. Thuggery has not part in the game. What responsible parent would want to take he or her children into an event where thuggery is common, not only on the ice, but in the stands as well.

http://***.usatoday.com/2013/11/fan-steals-helmet-glass/

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Read it a week or two (?) ago.

If it had happened in Detroit I imagine the fans would have offered him a towel and a cup of Tim Hortons.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not sure when the game was played..Looked like a perfectly good check to me..Glass just didnt hold up. I think that what makes it look so bad/hard hit.
Fan that got the helmet looked preety toasted to me..Couldnt tell who wasted the perfectly good $10 glass of beer..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not sure when the game was played..Looked like a perfectly good check to me..Glass just didnt hold up. I think that what makes it look so bad/hard hit.
Fan that got the helmet looked preety toasted to me..Couldnt tell who wasted the perfectly good $10 glass of beer..

The hit was a good, hard, hit. The fans were out of control. Much like how their team plays.

Just tired of the thuggery, on or off the ice. Being "toasted" is not a valid excuse.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Read it a week or two (?) ago.

If it had happened in Detroit I imagine the fans would have offered him a towel and a cup of Tim Hortons.

I doubt they would have taken the helmet off of his head or poured beer on him. If they had, I would have said exactly the same thing. I am fed up with disgusting people. Time to put an end to it. Accepting it makes it worse, as does ignoring it.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I doubt they would have taken the helmet off of his head or poured beer on him. If they had, I would have said exactly the same thing. I am fed up with disgusting people. Time to put an end to it. Accepting it makes it worse, as does ignoring it.

Not sure what can be done about it?? If this guy was as toasted as he looked (LOL) Is he charged with something? I have no way of knowing..I agree with you but I think Hockey seems to have calmed down over the years.. Seems to me it was a much more violent game in my younger years.

Its not just the hockey fans or the game..Have ya watched parents at a local sporting event lately?..Same thing.

Maybe the Booze needs to come out of public events?? At 10$ a glass I dont think that will happen. there are alot of us Happy drunks out here ya know..LOL

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The booze does need to come out. The excessive booze at least. A beer or two is fine. 8 or ten should be left for home.
Too much profit for that to happen.

Helmets and such makes it seem less violent.
Less blood and flying teeth than years ago.

I enjoy the finely timed passes, the checks avoided.

The fighting isn't necessary for me to enjoy a game. Most fight like girls now.