Our Media in Action

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
CNN can sure pick their anchors. It would seem that this women has NO problem drinking, where it is illegal to drink, and then attacking and "BITING" the two EMT's who were trying to assist her.

WAY to go Arwa Damon, and special kudos to CNN for hiring such fine, upstanding, people.

[h=1]CNN anchor blames alcohol, empty stomach for alleged embassy attack: report[/h]
"A CNN anchor who's being sued for allegedly threatening and biting EMT workers in Iraq is blaming an empty stomach and too much alcohol for her behavior, according to a new report."

http://news.yahoo.com/cnn-reporter-arwa-damon-135429464.html

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess their crystal ball was broke. Or their psychic had the day off. Shane on them for bit knowing this would happen

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guess their crystal ball was broke. Or their psychic had the day off. Shane on them for bit knowing this would happen

Any bets it's not her first "problem"? What was she doing drinking in Iraq in the first place? There should be mandatory FBI background checks on people who are going overseas.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right they should be able to restrict our travel overseas. You would be the first to scream if someone said they should check every single gun purchase. Even between brothers

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had FBI, and DIA, background checks before EVERY deployment to overseas sites. So did my wife when we were deployed to England. My son was considered too young, at 13 months.

I would have been fired if I had done what that "quality person" did.

I wonder, would there be so little mention of this if it was a "Fox" news anchor? Somehow I think it would be one of those stories that just "won't go away".

She should be turned over to the Iraqi government for her drinking.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And yet ANOTHER "media dud" in action. It would seem that honesty and integrity are not required of "talking heads".

[h=1]Sacramento news anchor to be arraigned in high-end shoplifting case[/h]
"SACRAMENTO Calif. (Reuters) - A Sacramento-area television news anchor charged with grand theft and burglary over the alleged theft of Coach wallets from an outlet store will be arraigned later this month, court documents showed on Monday."

http://news.yahoo.com/sacramento-news-anchor-arraigned-high-end-shoplifting-case-032833935.html

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Simply brilliant.

Why not? Our soldiers are. She is in violation of Iraqi law and should face the music for it. Why in the world should she be allowed to get away with that? What makes her so special?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm thoroughly and utterly and completely confused by the whole "where it is illegal to drink" remark.

She was at the US Embassy.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I'm thoroughly and utterly and completely confused by the whole "where it is illegal to drink" remark.

She was at the US Embassy.

images

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like what WITNESS23 has on the bottom of his post
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do".
Reminds me of................. Never mind.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like what WITNESS23 has on the bottom of his post
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do".
Reminds me of................. Never mind.
So with that reasoning, we can expect to see no criticism, condemnation or complaints from the intelligentsia; they remain silent when they find something objectionable or just plain wrong.:rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You need help.
You need to realize that "you" is not the subject of this thread, and therefore "you" is an inappropriate response. You will find that a comment like that without an explanation as to why you made the statement, or at least why you disagree with the quoted comment, will result in a leash that is shorter than you could have possibly imagined.