Oreilly Fired

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the No Job Zone.

Edit: FWIW, I think Dana Perino is more than capable to host that time slot. And she knows what she's talking about.

I can also see them moving up The Tuck an hour and then put Perino in an hour later.

I just hope they don't bring in the Beady Eyed Little Weasel (Ben Shapiro) to mix into things, or Tomi Lahren, the flip-side of the SJW coin.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As for Fox, I would put Watters and Beckel in that time slot. Them two on the same show would be hilarious. They fight every time they are together on the five show. But Perino could carry that time slot but she isn't as funny.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Looks like they're moving Tucker up an hour (not a surprise there), and they're Dolly Parton-ish-ing The Five to nine.

Watters and Beckel would be hilarious together. :grinning:

Reactions: muttly and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Haha....fox was snooping. Just heard Boling is going to do some new show at five and is being replaced by Watters on this 9pm new five show. So it will be waters and Beckel some of the time with gutfeld, perino, and Gilfoil.

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do like The Five when Watters and Beckel are on there.

I like Gutfeld in bits and pieces, but he's hard to take in a constant diet. Too much of a partisan homer for my tastes.

Kimberly Guilfoyle is very smart, and very easy on the eyes, but if you pinch her nose she'd go silent. (she's a little nasally <snort>).

I've been a fan of Perino ever since she was a White House press secretary. She's partisan, no question, but she still has the old school journalistic integrity to prefer the truth over the spin.

Eric Bolling is a partisan homer, and that's fine, but I wish he'd at least make the attempt to check his racism.

Reactions: davekc

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Probably good that they put The Five show at nine instead of another conservative male in prime time. I like Tucker and Hannity, but Fox had to mix it up a bit and include some females in their night programming. Watters gets a permanent spot on the Five, I mean The Nine, and also keeps his weekend show.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well dang. One of the few people I listen to on Fox.
Now you get to broaden your horizons. :D

When I'm driving down the toad I'll flip back and forth on SXM between CNN, Fox News, Fox Headline News, and I try to catch Julie Mason's Press Pool on POTUS, either live between 3-6 PM, or when it's re-aired between midnight at 3AM.

I avoid at all costs a steady diet of bias-confirming news.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now you get to broaden your horizons. :D

When I'm driving down the toad I'll flip back and forth on SXM between CNN, Fox News, Fox Headline News, and I try to catch Julie Mason's Press Pool on POTUS, either live between 3-6 PM, or when it's re-aired between midnight at 3AM.

I avoid at all costs a steady diet of bias-confirming news.
I do like to check in on CNN to see how they are spinning the news. But can't seem to stomach it were long

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It's so easy to call what CNN will report/ talk about: all things the evil Trump and his Russian connections.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well even someone as good as oriley was at getting ratings, you will get fired if you don't follow mr rhythem's advice.....

(Lets see who gets that reference)

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, he said it was taken out of context.

Well, no, not really/ He delivered it out of context.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did ya notice? In his first week in Prime Time on The Five, after making that comment on Tuesday, at the end of Wednesday's show be announced that he's going on vacation with his family, so he'll miss Thursday and Friday, and his regular show on Saturday.

Who takes a sudden family vacation?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Much ado about nothing imo.
Interesting though that Watters would be accused by the left and never Trumpers (John Podoritz ) on the right of saying something 'sexually suggestive' towards Ivanka. Running to the aid of Ivanka so they can get another Fox personality. Don't let a good opportunity go to waste I guess.
It couldn't just mean anything like what his explanation was.
Watters likes Trump. It doesn't make sense to diss his daughter with a sexually tinged comment.
I would think his other co hosts on The Five would vouch for him that the conversation on their break was about her having a smooth radio DJ voice.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Did ya notice? In his first week in Prime Time on The Five, after making that comment on Tuesday, at the end of Wednesday's show be announced that he's going on vacation with his family, so he'll miss Thursday and Friday, and his regular show on Saturday.

Who takes a sudden family vacation?
O'reilly. Uh oh.

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It couldn't just mean anything like what his explanation was.
Not to the Left, or The Press, no, it couldn't. Remember when Trump called on gun owners to assassinate Hillary? It doesn't matter what anyone on the Right actually says, all that matters is how the Left can spin it.

Watters likes Trump. It doesn't make sense to diss his daughter with a sexually tinged comment.
More to the point, Trump likes Watters, and Watters would be a fool to piss off Trump the Elder.