Only in California...

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did anyone else hear about the whacked-out, granola crunching, teacher that actually wants to take her class on a field trip to see Algore's movie? When I was in high school there was a hippie English teacher that set up a field trip to see Yellow Submarine(Mrs. Goosey was WAY cool). We went with the clear understanding it was a drug inspired fantasy. I wonder if Al's movie will be presented in a similar fashion?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Uh OH Our California liberal friend TallCal will be on this one soon and the rebuttal from our conservative good guy Gregg will give us 35 posts of entertainment.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And that's one of the reasons we keep tuning in to "As the (expediters) Wheels Turn" - good old fashioned American debate! :7 Teehee :7

Packmule

Expert Expediter
I'm looking forward to this debate because they are both very intellgent guys with interesting veiws,

SOOOOO.........
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE......

Dan

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Whats to argue?Al Gore won the election,the Attorny General of Florida was appointed by Jeb(nice name),and the supreme court was slanted in the right side direction.
The result is where we are today.Alfred W has 29% approval(98% on this site,no surprise).
The whole picture changes in the fall.The republicans are fighting amongest themselves,denial of global warming is politically correct( on this site anyway).Thank God Nancy Pulosi will be Speaker of the House next year at this time.
It is my firm beleif that impeachment hearings will be under way next year at this time as well.Just as Michael Moore's brilliant expose was panned by most on this site,so is Al Gore's attempt to enlighten those who worship at the feet of the fools and cretons who have run our country into the ground.Global warming,hog wash,it's just the natural transition of the planets.Or prhaps,it's the result of "the events of 911".
I,for one,can't wait until the fall.Who care's if a teacher takes her class to a movie?Maybe she should take them to a tractor pull,a popular educational expereince for many on this site.
Ok Creg,tell me how it's all Carters fault,and Clintons failt.
I don't apologize for being from California,or for being correct in my assesment in 2000 that we would be in the disastous situation we are in now.Hated abroad,laughed at by former allies,and the butt of jokes on the political pages of every newspaper around the World.
The sad part is,so many Americans can be so decieved so easly by money and greed.Would you vote for him today?If the answer is yes,may the Good Lord bless you.You don't need to see Al Gore's movie,it's over your head.
Have a good day!!
My DR's are runnig hard keeping busy.Hope your's are as well.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well TallCal nothing against the big CA.

let’s see.....

Impeachment – nope won’t happen! Told you that if it is started, you end up with Cheney, which will be much worst. They will cause a big backlash by going after the entire administration, leaving the speaker in the position of president. Talk about executive orders being issues, I think Cheney would have a field day signing all of them – which by the way are not subject to review by the statutes in the constitution with separations of powers and such. Just image suspension of the constitution? OHHH just image Cheney running the country?

Nancy Pelosi would be a bigger disaster than having McCain cloned and put into every office that a republican holds. She needs to get with Hillary and strategize how to motivate voters not turn them off with stupid remarks that make her look like a female Murtha. Or better yet she could do with Karl Rove advising her on how to act.

Michael Moore? Look out he’s back. What a worthless piece of s**t. I met him, know his relatives, know people who he worked with and got to tell you that he has a clear hate America agenda and just plain lazy. Nothing to be proud of there – beside he plagiarizes ideas and comments. All his movies are a lesson on creative editing to produce propaganda.

Global Warming, Funny you mentioned that. Today while applying for a job over at the EPA I talked to a rather well informed scientist. He said the same thing I said, we live in the cleanest country in the world, and we lead the world in technology and laws. Opps, that isn’t what the people on the green side says, is it? He also mentioned that Clinton issued some orders in the 90s relaxing some emission controls for military contractors – at issue is the use of ozone destroying Freon in the manufactory process and how it is still being used. He seems to think that the relaxation of emission controls under the present administration is less harmful than the millions of pounds of Freon being put into our air yearly. Oh he is a democrat. One last thing, when I am done writing my “my struggle being green†piece I'll send it to you and let you decide where I stand on the environment - you may be surprised.

Carter’s fault? D**M right. He had the opportunity to stop a lot of radical Islamic problems in the late 70’s. He should have given Iran an ultimatum, either they release the hostages and vacate our embassy or be wipe you off the map. He could have shown true leadership that would send a message to a people who look at people with respect when strength and consistency is used, not backing down and try to be a diplomat. Today as in those days, the culture looks at weakness as something that needs to be destroyed, meaning a weak person should be dead. He should work behind the scenes to guide the president as an advisor, not publicly oppose his policies or the war, what a disgraceful person. McCain, Murtha, Carter all disgraceful.

Clinton, well there is so much about how Clinton could have prevented a lot of stuff. He should have gone after bin laden right from the start; he seems to be more of a friend to him than bush’s family. I could go on but he is a tiring subject.

But as for Gore being a president, sorry he needs to have a solid agenda that will not say “vote for me – I will raise taxes and make your life more difficult to save the planetâ€. Every thing he says, even the insulting things he has said in other countries, points to a man who is actually lost and has no integrity. I want to know why didn’t Billy boy not back Gore during the 2000 election? Don’t you think that this had an affect on the election too? It seemed he didn't win in his home state by 10% margin - they didn't even want him from a state where he and his father serve for how many years, SAD. I want to know why didn’t the Clinton administration through the Department of Justice (a.k.a the Clinton administration Geheime Staatspolizei) take care of voting problems that were known about for the last thirty years, especially in the southern states where they control the elections? I want to know why the Clinton administration didn’t push alternative energy sources? Why is the leadership of the Democratic Party siding with the people in Teddy’s area – a.k.a. no wind farm out my window - if they want to apprear to be for the people? Why did the brits and Japanese come up with the solar innovations instead of us in the 90’s under Clinton’s watch? Gore would have been so ineffective anyway because of his inability to lead and truthfully many dems that I met are glad Bush was there on 9/11 - their reasoning has been we would still be negotiating with the Taliban with a Gore administration. What ever happen to his Government Paperwork Reduction act? Yea for that matter look what happened with Clinton signing NAFTA, where is the outrage with this? He did a republican thing for big business. See it don’t matter who is in office, It is all the same.

On the other hand, who else is there? Hillary? O God, can you image that. I think there would be a great divide in the country. But with that said, if Hillary would run against McCain, I would vote for her – I can’t stand McCain. She has had a couple good ideas but they disappeared and she hasn’t been much in helping her state, so I don’t know. The Dems need to get some seriously focused people leading them and running for office. They need to move away from the hatred to create a divsion and take a stand on a few issues, like money and taxes. Things that matter, not bush hating c**P. I will pass on something I was told a long time ago by an old man I wrote to in Missouri; elections are decided in the pocket book, not in the ballot box.

There everyone, that’s entertainment!

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like sour grapes to me my friend.
As Rome burns,all manner of of political frenzy is upon us.The rocks are being turned over,the sqirming worms and verman are raging with vile,sexist half truths and innuendos.It's all the fault of those ##### ex Demo Preidents,we are being wronged by librral media,by women who don't know their place,by California tree huggers,the Sky is falling,Micheal Morre is an instrument of the Devil!!!!
Greg,unfortunatly,like most rhetoric coming out of Washington these days,it's falling on deaf ears.
Let me drive it home:29% approval rating and falling,like a dead man with cemnet shoes.Granted,not all Americans are as smart as you,and if they would only open their eyes,they would see that they are being forced to dispise this administration through brain washing by liberal media,(while Rome burns,Fox has 24 hour coverage of the missing teenager in some far off island).Not much good news when you anchor for Fox these days.
Impeachment,not on your life.Censure,and the knowledge that you were,indeed,the worst President ever.That pay back will be sufficiant.As you so eloquently pointed out,Cheany is a pretty bad second act.
Are you aware that in most polls,the majority favor President Clinton today over dubya by a 5 to 1 majority?I know,these ##### fool Americans just don't get it!!!What happened to our mandate?
All this Global warming nonsense is just making you crazy Greg.When will these fool hearty scientists just get off it allow "the cleanest country in the World"(what a crock)to start drilling under the Golden Gate Bridge(not in your life time bubba)instead of forcing the fat cats to invest profits in refining,bio diesel etc.
Oh well,Cheany negotiated our current energy policy behind closed doors(the minutes still not released,but wait till next year,it will all be open)and the blame WILL ONCE AGAIN BE ALL CLINTONS FAULT!!
So,I say,burn baby burn.These idiots are reaping what they have so miserably sown.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One thing to remember is that the Iranians released all of the hostages the day that Ronald Regan was sworn in. I wouldn't be suprised if a message was sent that you have 24 hours to let them go or Terhan will be a large barbecue pit.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Perhaps.But what a shame, we look so defensless against them now.They are making threats,we are cowering.They know we have shot our wad in Iraq.If an administration ever played into the hands of the enemy,we have shown the way.
And Osama fiddles away.........

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>Would you vote for him today?

Unfortunately I've only been able to vote against a candidate since 1988.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 4958, 5447
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Tallcal, you’re funny and you get too emotional.

You Said – “It's all the fault of those ##### ex Demo Presidents, we are being wronged by liberal media, by women who don't know their place, by California tree huggers, the Sky is falling, Michael Moore is an instrument of the Devil!!!!â€

Well I don’t blame all the democratic presidents, it is kinda fact that Clinton was doing some good but Carter was a disaster. LBJ gave us Vietnam and the great society. Truman set the standards for corruption and FDR tried to do more to build an empire than Bush. On the other hand, Ike ripped apart the military establishment and tried to downsize it which resulted in recession of the mid and late 50s. I still don’t understand why Nixon is so hated but he seemed to be more progressive with a lot of domestic issues than all the Democratic presidents since Wilson. Liberal media, well there is no accountability in that area and they have done more damage to undermine the country than any other thing. They work under the guise of freedom while telling us we need to know. Oh Michael Moore, he is the devil.

You said – “Let me drive it home:29% approval rating and falling, like a dead man with cement shoes. Granted, not all Americans are as smart as you, and if they would only open their eyes, they would see that they are being forced to despise this administration through brain washing by liberal media, (while Rome burns, Fox has 24 hour coverage of the missing teenager in some far off island). Not much good news when you anchor for Fox these days.â€

Well you know that polls are not very good to begin with, we are sold this c**p that they gage the public sentiment but really don’t. They were used in 2000 to predict an election and found that the percentage of accuracy was so small most were wrong. I read a really good article about polls that pointed out that the skewing of polls to set a specific outcome is far too common, like asking this question; Do you agree that president Bush is doing a good job?. This is too broad of a question to gage any sentiment but it is used too often. The same with the number of people surveyed 1100 people from a specific demographic which further skews results. Beside all of that – does it really matter if it is 29% or 2%, he is a sitting president and he is not going to run for reelection nor is the VP. Kinda of a perfect scenario when you think about it, they pretty much don’t care what you or I think and numbers don’t matter. Just remember anyone can come up with poll numbers to prove anything to be fact – like how the public feels how FDR doing on the Iraq war – it can be twisted to become fact.

Who cares about fox? I don’t care – it is the Natalee Holaway news service now. I wish nothing ever happened to her because first she didn’t deserve it but mainly because it is madding coverage on all the networks. We are too arrogant when it comes to some things that happen in other countries and think that it is alright to tell them how to run their country. Let’s pick on Aruba but we can’t do the same for Mexico?

You said – “Impeachment, not on your life. Censure and the knowledge that you were, indeed, the worst President ever. That pay back will be sufficient. As you so eloquently pointed out, Chaney is a pretty bad second act.
Are you aware that in most polls, the majority favor President Clinton today over dubya by a 5 to 1 majority? I know, these ##### fool Americans just don't get it!!! What happened to our mandate?â€

Censure the pres, OK lets see this happen and what will it actually do? Nothing! The congress can only remove the president to do anything. Censure will only say to him please shut up about this or that. Remember separation of powers?

Again with the polls, what is with the liberals and polls? Who cares!

You said – “All this Global warming nonsense is just making you crazy Greg. When will these fool hearty scientists just get off it allow "the cleanest country in the World"(what a crock)to start drilling under the Golden Gate Bridge(not in your life time bubba)instead of forcing the fat cats to invest profits in refining, bio diesel etcâ€

Well these scientists are the ones who are helping us, not hurting us. They are the experts, not Greenpeace or algore. I want to know what is your solution? Where can we make change? Please tell us. I believe that the climate changes (which is now the new term used instead of global warming) is not all effected by my little VW running on E85.

As for a solution for alternatives, guess what? We will have to have to allow the companies you complain about to have control over this and make a profit without restrictions to get it to the public. To build an entirely new infrastructure to support the distribution of any alternative fuels and that is what liberals want to do. Let them build refineries, let them build Bio-anything plants, let them make money doing so.

You said – “Oh well, Chaney negotiated our current energy policy behind closed doors(the minutes still not released, but wait till next year, it will all be open)and the blame WILL ONCE AGAIN BE ALL CLINTONS FAULT!!â€

Well yea! Of course I am upset with this c**P but there were some goings on behind close doors with Clinton.

You said – “Perhaps. But what a shame, we look so defenseless against them now. They are making threats, we are cowering. They know we have shot our wad in Iraq. If an administration ever played into the hands of the enemy, we have shown the way.â€

You know that every time we take the diplomatic path, we look defenseless. When we depend on the UN to help solve problems, we look defenseless. We are not cowering – you need to learn about diplomatic positioning. Iran knows that there is two ways to solve this make threats and hope to get something out of it or be wiped off the face of the earth by a country one tenth their size. Do you seriously think that Israel will tolerate a country to have nukes who says that they should be destroyed? No way – they will use first strike weapons without hesitation. Russia, China and everyone else will not step in to help Iran – there will be a rush to fill the gap left when Iran falls though. We are going to be in a tough situation if this happens because of our treaties with other mid east states. Iran will talk all they want and many think it is all about open trade with the west but at the end of the day they know the first sign of nukes will be a death sentence for them.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know exactly how you feel LDB.

Michael Moore and brilliant used in the same sentence. That piece of comedy alone made it worthwhile to start this thread.

Teachers need to stick to readin, 'ritin, and 'rithmatic, the basic 3 r's, and let kids form their own opinions on controvertial issues. Unless the class she's taking is a high school class of above average achievers, they probably don't give a flip anyway and are just happy to be out of class for a few hours. I still think that the ageing of the planet, which will, at some point, die regardless of whether we were ever here or not, and shifting weather patterns are a much more sensible explanation for what is going on.

W is clearly not the best President we've ever had, but he has a long way to go to take that title from Jimmy Carter. Fine, decent man, disasterous President.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Hi Leo,
I understand that you voted against the liberal Presidential choice in two elections.Unfortunatly,the only thing you have gained by making the choice's you made, twice, was to reinforce an opinion that these current morons are doing a good job.
Please consider that the correct choice,if you are indeed voting for the best of two poor choices,might not be the Republican choice.
I mean, if 29% support is all dubya can muster,and the national debt is approaching several trillion dollars,are you sure you made the correct choice of the two?It would be hard to imagine how ANYONE could do a worse job.It seems that ex -govenors(with no national experience)should go back to their home turf and stay out of Washington.This includes ronny raygun and tricky nixie as well,the second and third worst prez's of all time.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I love hearing this take on Bush's approval rating. I don't like the man, his policies, his staff, his ideology, his business ties, the result of those ties, his party (YES, HIS PARTY!), or his grammar! But I have yet to see a bumper sticker saying "Impeach Bush, and her husband too!" ROFLMAO

Tallcal... don't you know a thing about politics? When the opposing party comes up with an idea, does something wrong, takes certain action, etc, all hell breaks loose. But when the SAME things happen on the same side of the isle, it's either "great idea" or "mistakes will happen". Know what? I'm sick of hearing all of their crap! BOTH SIDES!

Take a good look around, people! They're selling your arses out! Whether it's the pro-business Republicans who give our money away to corporations or tree-hugging Democrats who want to put our country back in the stone age, no one cares about YOU! You get "I'm for the small business man" BULLSH*T from both sides. Yet, are any of you doing better because of their policies? As far as I'm concerned, no one in Washington has any credibility, and I have decided not to vote for either party, and probably won't vote at all until some substance is produced.

BTW... the thing Clinton did good was nothing. The man learned not to tinker with stuff too big for his little mind to comprehend. We actually were better off when presidents left their dam hands off.

wrongwaylinda

Seasoned Expediter
I have to agree with TNhawk. Politics are run by big companies, no maatter their party. The media only prints the sotries they want the American people to know, the liberal ones are the worst in my huimble opinion. And the polls, whatever party is doing the polls, it depends on the questions they ask. I have done many polls in the past 2 years, since I am unable to drive anymore, and everyone of them slant the answers they way they want the polss to turn out. Many times I have been shut of of the polls because I was not answering them the "right" way.

So no matter who is Presient, there is always someone to BOO them. I feel as an American, the process of voting takes precedent and Once sworn in should be treated with respect! This is our country and we all should be proud to be an American.

Linda

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know I am surprised mainly because Tallcal missed something; his hero and his statement – “It seems that ex –govenors (with no national experience) should go back to their home turf and stay out of Washington. This includes ronny raygun and tricky nixie as well, the second and third worst prez's of all time.â€

Well Tallcal if you include governors that means Clinton should have stayed home!

Also I assume Nixon is tricky nixie (I like it when people just butcher names), he was never governor of a state. He was for all intent and purpose a representative and vice president who had a cocker spaniel named "Checkers" AND may have been the best president for minorities and women with his domestic policies.

So I am wondering why everyone thinks politics are run by big business? I mean if this was the case they would not pay taxes, they would not have to deal with regulations, they would not have to answer to anyone including their stockholders and they would put CEOs in place of elected officials. I think that they’re a bigger voice because we let them not because of any other reason – including money.

I think that even with my skewed way of thinking the power is less in the hands of any corporation than it is in the individual voter. When I worked at the big pharma company, I dealt with their PAC on a regular basis. I learned that even though they gave Millions to both sides, to up and coming candidates and incumbents alike – not a dime of that money meant a thing unless we mobilized for the company and voiced our opinion.

For example the senate passed the immigration reform bill (which I urge everyone to read – especially the college stuff they get) but overwhelmingly the people said NO AMEISTY. The house has passed one without the c**p (for me it is not good enough and needs to have some stuff taken out of it) and vowed to fight for their version. Now it is up to US (you, me and even Tallcal) to write to our representatives and senators and say we don’t like this or that and we support the house version. VOICE YOUR OPINION!

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I did not include Clinton for one reason.Myself,and everyone I know(including my many Republican friends),made more money in the 8 years Clinton was in office then at any other time in my working life.Now,I know,lets not give Clinton credit.He created an America where people felt good,spent money,cared about the ocean,the forests and EACH OTHER.I know,we really need to thank bush 1,and raygun and I don't know who else.I pulled out my tax returns this morning from the Clinton years,and yup,big bucks boys and girls.
I lived in California under tickie and raygun.They mostly did nothing except help their rich firends get richer(sound familar).Then Pete Wilson came to power and sold our a** down the river with"deregulated energy".Soon to be Ms. Bubba Lay(dubyas major contributor)then f#####d us with no love.Love those repub govenors!!
Does the party matter,you bet your a##.
As you sit on your collective a### waiting for loads,take a look at the volumn you were doing 6 years ago.I know I have,and,well,it does not compare.
Keep up the day dream folks,make all the excuse's about how it does not matter.Why not just decide not to vote next time?Or,do what I did,and find out just what the canidates have to offer.I,for one,found not one shred of evidence that duya knew his a** from a hot rock about how to run our country.And,I was right.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Come on, Greg. You know laws are written, or not written, because special interests make their voices heard. Amnesty for illegals is opposed by 70% of the ppl, yet the senate is STILL ignoring that fact. Hopefully, the house will still dessent. I see the house as being the only voice that somewhat listens to the ppl who elect them.

We may elect the ppl in office, yet we can't control what they do once they get there. The American ppl have grown complacent with their jobs and half-lives at home to seriously look at what's going on. How anyone does not see that there is less of a difference between the parties is beyond me.

I think the ppl should get to vote on major issues at the polls, just as they do at state levels. Our reps should also get term limits, which would limit the corruption that happens in Washington. Someone said that by the second term, the reps are corrupt. Get them out before then. We, as normal citizens, don't have the voice the PACs do, unless we fork over our money. So, the issues should be put to the ppl... like how a REAL democracy works!