Onions on hamburger send Oregon man into ‘McFury’

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't blame him. The mind boggles at how often you order fast food and get home to find the order is wrong. Order a French Dip & Swiss at Arby's and they forget the au jus. Order Chicken McNuggets with hot mustard sauce and an order of fries at McDonald's and either the fries or the sauce ain't in the bag.

It's infuriating that something so simple as completing a simple food order, that is plainly displayed on a computer monitor right in front of your face, can be so universally screwed up so often by so many people.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
What gets me is all the diabetics that order diet drinks and get the sugar drinks. That can be a huge mistake. Also people with sesame allergies asking for two bottom buns and get home and find a regular seeded bun. Its not rocket science.

Robert

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The guy deserved to be arrested. If it happens all the time check the food before you leave.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I agree, the guy deserved to be arrested. Though I certainly understand heightened frustration levels, incompetence on the part of a vendor does not warrant violence.

He should've called 911, like this gal did

Then he could say "He said he are the manager!"

What kills me at fast food places is giving them a complete order, like "A number 4 meal please, medium, Coke, to go, thanks" and then hear in reply:

Would you like the meal or just the sandwich?

The meal please, with Coke, medium, to go, thanks.

What kind of drink would you like?

Um, I said Coke, thanks.

Would you like to super size that?

No, thanks, just medium please.

For here or to go?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Of course he deserved to be arrested. No need for him to get violent.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What gets me is all the diabetics that order diet drinks and get the sugar drinks. That can be a huge mistake. Also people with sesame allergies asking for two bottom buns and get home and find a regular seeded bun. Its not rocket science.

Robert

satOh-No-It-Was-Rocket-Science_3156-l.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When my kids were young, my daughter was in a softball tournament. They won a game and we had to drive to a different field for the next game. Time was tight, we were hungry, so we hit a McDonald's drive thru on the way to the next game. My son, who was about 5 or 6 years old, ordered a hamburger McHappy Meal™. As was his custom, he removed the bun top to scrape off the pickles and onion stuff. All that occupied the bottom of the bun was pickle and onion stuff. No hamburger! Just another reason I don't own a gun.