One expiditor down..one best friend.

malthom

Rookie Expediter
Perhaps you know some one like Steve. X navy era of Vietnam. Agent Orange hidden within him for years.

Expiditor one whom would do anything to help a friend. One time one the girl drivers broke down, he drove 800 miles to help her. He knew she did not have the money for the repair. Never charged her dime.

Heart of gold, full of energy and no better friend could there ever be.

Last year the Agent Orange showed up in the form of cancer. He lost most of his face. While trying to heal, found out that more cancer had moved in. A few weeks ago they told him for 6-4 weeks.

Yesterday, I went to visit him. He now is only a shell, about 90 lbs., a plug for a nose. The morphine drugged haze. His appearance from the surgery has had major changes on him.

BUT the friend I love was still there in some ways. Cancer, does eat you alive, and it does not care. Hugs hurt him, so a simple kiss on the cheek.

I have said my goodbye. I ask that all of you say a prayer for him. I know that when it is all over, he will be with out the pain and in a better places. My heart breaks for him.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Perhaps you know some one like Steve. X navy era of Vietnam. Agent Orange hidden within him for years.

Expiditor one whom would do anything to help a friend. One time one the girl drivers broke down, he drove 800 miles to help her. He knew she did not have the money for the repair. Never charged her dime.

Heart of gold, full of energy and no better friend could there ever be.

Last year the Agent Orange showed up in the form of cancer. He lost most of his face. While trying to heal, found out that more cancer had moved in. A few weeks ago they told him for 6-4 weeks.

Yesterday, I went to visit him. He now is only a shell, about 90 lbs., a plug for a nose. The morphine drugged haze. His appearance from the surgery has had major changes on him.

BUT the friend I love was still there in some ways. Cancer, does eat you alive, and it does not care. Hugs hurt him, so a simple kiss on the cheek.

I have said my goodbye. I ask that all of you say a prayer for him. I know that when it is all over, he will be with out the pain and in a better places. My heart breaks for him.

This is so sad to hear and i'm very sorry your friend is going threw this. We will say a prayer for him.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Amen on your story: I also have a friend involved with agent orange, his brain swells, and he is diabetic plus lots of pain and a million other complications from agent orange

malthom

Rookie Expediter
In our normal lives we complain about such little things. Let others get to us.
People need to understand that their is more important things required for our energy. To fight for your life, a battle you have no control over, and could still have a smile in your heart. The strength that it takes.
We need to put the right values on the little stuff. More mercy for people with the big stuff . To grow up in our hearts.

Reactions: Dog Nerd Daily

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know your story and "fair skies and following seas" to your friend.

I too know a man in the EXACT same stage in his life. A veteran of 5 combat drops in SE Asia, Mike is now fighting his third bout with face cancer. Lots of Agent Orange in his past. I have not seen him but the last time we spoke he is down to 98LBS.

It's hard.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Prayers to Mike

Better to say job well done THAN say well said.

The next few months will be hard for sure.

I met Mike on the Eastern Shore of MD in Oct, 1981. I was new to Ft. Meade and so was Mike. I had drawn a goose blind on the Black Water Refuge. Mike was there, waiting to take a "No show" spot. I asked him to join me and we have been friends ever since.

We also ended up working together on a couple of "projects" while at Ft. Meade.

Many memories. I wish we could have one more hunt.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
True friends are hard to find.My heart goes out to you,and your friend.The loss of a Vet and such a good person isn't easy.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So sorry to hear about this. Hurts worse when it is a side effect of serving and protecting our country.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"a "life lived with purpose"."

There is not finer complement to a life than that. I hope he has found peace.