??? ON TRI-STATE

G

WOULD LIKE TO NOW THE GOOD & BAD POINTS ON THIS COMP. & WILL A TEAM BE ABLE TWO MAKE IT LIVING IN WEST TENN??
PS. THANXS 4 ALL HELP!

G

U will do fine out of Tenn with Tri-State....it's another story if you lived in Texas.

The X

G

West Tenn should be fine -- a little-bit to the "left" of the heart of Landstar Express's freight lanes, anyway... A team, running as a team, however, should have no problem making it from there.

If you are close to Memphis, all the better.

Rams Fan

G

RE: S.GEORGIA

Definately do-able but not the best location.

My experiance shows the main expedited/express freight-lanes to be in a zone bordered by the following points (going clock-wise):
Detroit - Boston - Columbia, SC - Atlanta - Memphis - St Louis - Chicago

Take a map and connect thoes points. The closer you are to the center, probably the better.

I seem to pass through (on my way to someplace else) Indy, Louisville and Cincinatti all the time and figure they would be great places to be based out of.

I don't get into Florida much and know that the I-95 lane (passing through Savannah, GA, etc.) is big in the Class-8 Refer biz (Werner-TCU, FFE, etc.).

Most of my freight seems to be between raw-material sellers, manufactureres, wholesale distribution points, factories and industrial areas. I'm not sure of how much of that lies along I-95 in GA. Point being that getting home w/ a load, or getting loaded out of your home base w/o a lot of deadhead is desireable.

Does this make sense?

That said, anybody with a desire to run hard and smart can make a good living in this business with a D-Unit. Given your location, I would say Landstar Express would be the company of choice.

Rams Fan

G

RE: S.GEORGIA

Rams fan,
Yep I totally agree. That is where the action is. Take heed, expeditors.

X

G

My wife and I team with Tri-State. We live in NW Alabama and do ok with them. W Tenn should be ok, too. Lot of freight from the Memphis and Jackson area. Also, from Arkansas. Good luck.

G

My husband and I are a team with TriState and we do just fine. If you are looking to get super rich no company can satisfy that need, but they have certainly paid our bills and given us a chance to put a little away. We do live in Ft Wayne IN, however we do not go home often enough for it to make a difference (our choice) We have shipped out of the West Memphis, AR area several times with decent loads if that helps. If you are still considering diiferent expediting companies write down a list of requirements that you have to keep you happy, ask the EXACT same questions to all companies and see where you stand. Like I said before, all in all we have been treated fairly by TriState, every company has its faults in one area or another, you just need to find who you work best with. Feel free to email me if you need more specifics. Good Luck.