On the road Recipes...

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
It's been a while and we have some new blood here, so I thought I would try again to collect more recipes that are easy to do on the road.

If you have a favorite recipe that can be prepared in the truck, please post it here.

Please include:
equipment needed (ie crockpot, rice cooker, foreman grill, etc)
ingredients list (including amounts)
directions for putting it all together and cooking.

Thanks!

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Please post a photo of the completed dish if you can. These recipes, as well as any previously collected here, will be going into a book called The Trucker's Health Smart Cookbook, published through ATBS and Team Run Smart. So think healthy!

Also, if you've previously submitted a recipe, we will be contacting you to provide a photo of your recipe, if possible.

Thanks!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Glad you are working on this Carol! It will be a great cookbook as it will be by drivers made in trucks with what we have available.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Baked haddock, acorn squash with butter and brown sugar, and what I call a salad that i believe was designed as a salsa: diced mango, tomatoes, green onion, and red bell pepper. Sounds like they don't belong together, but oh man, they do. Previous two items baked in a Nu-wave oven. My belly loves that thing.

Attachments

• 1376954699844.jpg
    1376954699844.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 43

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Baked haddock, acorn squash with butter and brown sugar, and what I call a salad that i believe was designed as a salsa: diced mango, tomatoes, green onion, and red bell pepper. Sounds like they don't belong together, but oh man, they do. Previous two items baked in a Nu-wave oven. My belly loves that thing.

Can you provide recipes (guess if you have to!) and cooking temps and times? That looks delish!

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
It was scrumptious. I'll get the Puerto Rican accounting and cooking Nazi to give up the details soonly.

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
It was scrumptious. I'll get the Puerto Rican accounting and cooking Nazi to give up the details soonly.

AJ, were you able to attain the recipe and directions from your cooking Nazi? I'd love to be able to include this in the cookbook!

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
It's not too late!

Email your healthy recipes to [email protected] to be included in The Trucker's Health Smart Cookbook, published through ATBS and Team Run Smart.

Please include:
equipment needed (ie crockpot, rice cooker, foreman grill, etc)
ingredients list (including amounts)
directions for putting it all together and cooking
a photo of the completed recipe, if available.