on the road expenses

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
This is a cost annalysis for a typical 16 days.you dont need to know how much we made in those 16 days,but this is what the road expenses were.We drove 9175 miles,that's total miles,loaded and empty,fuel cost was $5501.99,tolls were $242.10.and we were in motels 5 times at a cost of $330.91,the corporate lodging card wasnt used,so the motel costs were higher than normal.we had 3 scale ticket at $18.00,wash at $55.00,head lamp at $15.00.For 16 days we paid out a total of $6163.00,and e did 9 loads.if you do the math,thats $0.67 per mile.now this is just what was paid out of the advance checks,its not the total cost of operating the truck,just what was spent on the road,and we were getting better than 7 mpg,but was running just 57 mph for the 16 days and no idle time.If i go and put in the revenue,you might think i was bragging,or maybe what i made wasnt all that great,but i feel the cost of doing business on the road was pretty low.Oh another thing,my fsc was just 50cpm as we had unauthorized miles in that 9175 miles