On the road adventures!

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Hey there fellow drivers! Its a given that with out occupation we spend most of our life on the road. Yes, there is a job to do, you get a loaded and then drive to get loaded and then to your destination!

Then there is also a down time. Sometimes you get a long weekend or just a day or two between the loads. What are ya all do for fun? Let's share! Maybe you can suggest some hidden gems to see or some interesting stuff to do around this great country?!

Funny stories maybe? Let's keep it clean and entertaining!

guido4475

Not a Member
Oh, dont get me started....lol

Back in 97-98, I was running 3 round trips of Indy
tires from Goodyear in Cleveland to JFK airport in NYC every week. As I was always running across 80, and always having the c.b. on, there was this place called "The body shop" that always advertised on the c.b radio about the lineup of dancers they had, and the free showers and coffee for drivers. ( the Body Shop used to be a horrible truck wash), and wasnt much better for a strip joint. Low grade dancers that were so homely they had to sneak up on a glass of water, and a rickety squeaking stage were a few of the things I remember about that place.

Anyways, on the way back to Cleveland I stopped there for a free shower. It was upstairs off of a family room type setting where the dancers would wait until it was their turn to dance. After talking to a few of the girls, I proceed to the bathroom, just like any standard bathroom in a house, bathtub and all. Got done shaving, brushing teeth and went in the shower. It felt great, the hot water. Much appreciated. After a few minutes I began to smell this God awful smell that was beyond rank. It was bad. I hear a faint cough and I froze. I peek out of the shower curtain and there, to my surprise, is this tiny little 95 pound blond girl. There she is, taking a dump. All she can say as she looks up at me is say "ooopz!".. how something so wretched come out of something so beautiful I'll never know.

Anyways, she gets done, and has a happy skip to her walk, as she proudly chirps, "all better now"..

So, I go back to finishing my shower, trying fo muffle the stench in the air, as I am all soaped up, when someone rips the bathroom door open and tells at the top of their lungs, "SHUT THE WATER OFF!!!! SHUT THE WATER OFF!!!!!"....I rinsed off first before doing so.

It seems the trap in the drain for the tub, which was directly above the stage below, has come off....lol..

That was the last time I went back to that place....lol

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are ever up in Green Bay, take the stadium tour. Also Harley Davidson Museum. Did them both and you can park right on their grounds.

Reactions: SoG