old conway-now drivers

me42651

Seasoned Expediter
im just interested in finding out how many x conway-now drivers have left pantherII? i stayed with panther till now.cant take it anymore lol.thanks for the response

Connie

Seasoned Expediter
Our perrysburg,Ohio fleet owner had us deadhead to home this weekend. Were supposed to stay here till end of week and wait for word of new orientation dates with our new carrier. He's pulled 15 trucks from panther this week. He said he was pulling another batch of trucks in another 2 to 3 weeks. He was forced to move from Conway to panther and its been a real bad experience. Each team that made the move has averaged less than 50 percent of revenue we were getting at Conway. I asked if we were going to fedex and was told NO WAY. So we dont no who our new carrier is going to be. All i no is pather was nothing but a major pain in the butt and were the most unfriendly uneducated bunch of people we ever delt with. They screwed us around on a daily basis and never offered us nothing but short cheap loads. I'm glad to be leaving those panther baffoons. We all just hoping our new carrrier will be prepared for adding all our trucks.

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
I’m right about at the end of my rope but I reliantly returned I was at panther before.
I know a owner with 5 trucks out of Rockford IL that has already packed it in he sold all but one of his trucks. I’m researching other options since I have my own dot authority already because of my home state requires it to get a base plate just need to get my own motor carrier and cargo insurance! I have a brand new truck so have to do some thing right now am not even making enough to make payments let alone pay my other bills!

I have heard of other possible buyouts by panther so where to go? May be right back in a few months?

>im just interested in finding out how many x conway-now
>drivers have left pantherII? i stayed with panther till
>now.cant take it anymore lol.thanks for the response

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Darky
do you have a dot# or motor carrier#?
dot# are free but you will also need your MC # and you need insurance before they will activate your MC# you will also need process agents or what they call a boc-3.

But you are on the right path do it all yourself.why put your future in the hands of a bunch of colledge kids who dont know anything about trucking it takes about 2 weeks for your own authority to come in once you have everything in place.

in the meantime you might want to give doug a call @314-458-3613
he will help you out with a base plate and insurance and get you paid within 4 hours of faxed pods as long as you turn in your paperwork by 3pm.

scootr68

Expert Expediter
>Our perrysburg,Ohio fleet owner had us deadhead to home this
>weekend. Were supposed to stay here till end of week and
>wait for word of new orientation dates with our new carrier.
>He's pulled 15 trucks from panther this week. He said he was
>pulling another batch of trucks in another 2 to 3 weeks. He
>was forced to move from Conway to panther and its been a
>real bad experience. Each team that made the move has
>averaged less than 50 percent of revenue we were getting at
>Conway. I asked if we were going to fedex and was told NO
>WAY. So we dont no who our new carrier is going to be. All i
>no is pather was nothing but a major pain in the butt and
>were the most unfriendly uneducated bunch of people we ever
>delt with. They screwed us around on a daily basis and never
>offered us nothing but short cheap loads. I'm glad to be
>leaving those panther baffoons. We all just hoping our new
>carrrier will be prepared for adding all our trucks.

I love when someone's first post is negative and starts with calling people bafoons and uneducated. Have you looked at your post??? Who's uneducated? Funny how your name does not even show as ever being a driver for us. Enjoy your new carrier,that is if you actually drive. I'm sure you made more at Conway... After seeing their contracts for their former drivers it's no wonder they're out of expedite.I'm not sure how they made any money.

scootr68

Expert Expediter
>im just interested in finding out how many x conway-now
>drivers have left pantherII? i stayed with panther till
>now.cant take it anymore lol.thanks for the response

Can't take what??...A load?? You've been out of service more than you've been in service. Hard to make any money when driving part time! When in service you refused nearly half the loads offered to you.

Riverbob1

Expert Expediter
I too am at the end of my rope with Panther. My earnings are down about 40%. My chief problems with Panther are in two areas. First and foremost: They've simply got too many trucks. Every area we unload in seems to have, on average, two to four teams waiting for loads. So between loads we sit, and sit, and sit. Here's the second problem: With virtually every market area saturated with trucks, Panther has no need or motivation to assist in the cost of relocating a truck to another area. Subordinate to these two problems, there are other issues as well. The short, cheap loads mentioned by a previous poster, and Panther's personel's inability to understand how drivers lose money on them. There are other problems as well, but I'm averse to engaging in "Panther Bashing". Suffice it to say that Panther is a poor fit for me and, I'd hazard to guess, anyone else who takes pride in keeping their truck moving. I'm a simple kind of guy who knows he's not God's gift to expediting. However, over four years, with two other carriers, I've managed to average close to four thousand miles per work-week. While there are apparently a sparse few exceptions, most folks I talk to aren't doing half that many miles with Panther. For my partner and I, the opportunity simply isn't there.

And as an aside to whomever is Panther's champion in the forum. I would suggest that if you spent as much time attempting to correct some of Panther's myriad problems as you do in generating rude responses to forum posters, we'd all profit. I've seen you challenge folk's intellect, their motivation, and the very fact they even drive for Panther. What's up with that? The very fact Panther sees a need for your presence on the forum indicates to me a problem exists. I don't seem to notice the presence of a company employee-representative from other carriers on the forum attempting to defend the carriers. Nothing personal.....

scootr68

Expert Expediter
>And as an aside to whomever is Panther's champion in the
>forum. I would suggest that if you spent as much time
>attempting to correct some of Panther's myriad problems as
>you do in generating rude responses to forum posters, we'd
>all profit. I've seen you challenge folk's intellect, their
>motivation, and the very fact they even drive for Panther.
>What's up with that? The very fact Panther sees a need for
>your presence on the forum indicates to me a problem exists.
> I don't seem to notice the presence of a company
>employee-representative from other carriers on the forum
>attempting to defend the carriers. Nothing personal.....

I'm here on my own time and of my own accord, by no direction of Panther. No company is perfect and I will be the first to point out our flaws in the system,I.E the Conway purchase.Were we prepared?,hell no,but we found out about it the same day everyone else did.We did the best we could in a very short amount of time. The problem I have is with people who are their own worse enemy but blame everyone else for their shortcomings. As for reasons others aren't here from other companies...they are! They're just not as vocal as I am. There's always more to someones negative post about a carrier than what meets the eye. I'm kinda the blacksheep of the forum here but it's a title I embrace :)

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
it's Scott right?
Easy guess why didn’t you attack me?

Oh I know you know I have a ligament gripe.

Oh and you was the main reason I left the last time glad your not in direct contact with owners or drivers any longer. just wonder why they didn't fire you long time ago who you related to any way?

panthervanman

Seasoned Expediter
hello as u can tell from my name im with panther,been there for almost 8yrs 5 driving a straight trk the last 2.5 in a van. most of the conway drivers ive talked to said that they are pretty happy with panther the only ones that didnt seem to happy were the team drivers,but that seems to be true with all teams i talk to. they never think theyre getting the miles.guess thats why im a loner i have my good weeks and bad ones they just seem to balance themself out.but the one message that i dont belive is the guy that said they were averaging 4000 miles a week,sounds like a truckers story ;-)

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
KW

Just the free DOT right now needed that to get my base plate have that.
Started the work once before on the mc# but at the time was mainly in one state the border states had the 35 to 50 mile rule that was as far as I needed at the time so dropped it had my own insurance before so that’s not a biggy. My biggest thing is paper work I hate it! On my own would have more than now so that’s the only reason I hadn’t done any thing before.

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
Before things get way out there just want to point out there are some good people that work in dispatch and around Panther. Gilby is a great guy bad thing is also a good thing he’s in pay department, Sean Kessler our team leader might not seam like it but he’s a top notch guy and the only reason I gave Panther another chance. I think he’s over his head a bit they gave him more than one person can chew and not enough power to fix the transition of us con-way refugees. the people in the orientation are great also if any one stays at panther sit threw a orientation some time might get some good info. The swap department and I have gone rounds but they are a great bunch also again tuff job.
Some of the new people also especially 3rd shift are fantastic. Oh yeah on 3rd shift also is Vicky she’s great and puts up with me even in my worse days if she don’t hate me after last night not going to go in to it but nothing on the load I was on went right at all including a shipper that was expecting a team and threw a fit at me over me not being one. Then there are the few at panther that think we are there for there amusement or beckon call. And then there’s the rules and then there’s the gray areas and the politics I never been any good at politics so I bump heads a lot!
Plus I’m a very stubborn person and not used to being told what I can do with my own truck after all I make the payments, deliver the freight etc. oh yeah forgot to mention the safety supervisors are great and most if not all cant remember was drivers before. Like I have said before there is good and bad at panther but bottom line have to make money to survive and I for one am not.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Original post:

>>im just interested in finding out how many x conway-now
>>drivers have left pantherII? i stayed with panther till
>>now.cant take it anymore lol.thanks for the response

Response:

>Can't take what??...A load?? You've been out of service more
>than you've been in service. Hard to make any money when
>driving part time! When in service you refused nearly half
>the loads offered to you.

I'm just curious as to how ya know this persons service record. As in how do ya know who this person is? Did he sign up w/ Panther under the name "Me42651" by any chance? I'm not real tech savvy & maybe that email addy is on file w/ ya or something, but I'm wondering how ya know the person's service record by just a screen name.

Take care,
Danny

me42651

Seasoned Expediter
hey scott whats up?i remember you,you were the one that wanted to dispatch me from toledo oh. to new york city while i sat in lorado texas.then qualcoming me about excepting it.unless theres another scott.yes i turned down loads,one was 148 m dh and 190 loaded that would of put me out in the middle of no where.then was placed out of service for not taking it on a friday,didnt know i was out of servive by omaho till panther called me monday asking when im coming back into service.and yes your right i turned down 7 runs over the holiday weekend because i was home and didnt want to sit in a truck stop over the long weekend.but did manage to get a michigan to lorado run out on saturday.at least it was miles and not the normal 150 to 250 mile runs that i have turned down.as for out of service,i didnt start with panther till the 17th of aug.truck was down for repair i quess that counts against me too.from the 17th of august till sept 12 the day i got back home i have been out of service on my own for 3 days,my last run i sat in lorado for 5 days the last three being first out,but still nothing except the load you offered me.i took wed.and thur.off then came back into service last friday.was told that they would give me a good long run over the weekend.but only got offered a 185 mile run to fort wayne from detroit.i refused that one also.now looking at the panther site they placed me out of service again.was it because i refused a small run? ive been in service since last friday.it was panther that has taking me out of service again.you take me out of service more times than i have.if your going to come on here at least tell the whole story.and by the way i talked to you over the qual com when i asked why trucks that came into lorado after i did where lewaving before me,i counted 7 of them in 5 days,they were all heading toward lorado.unless they were going to mexico they must of had a load offer.while i sat burning fuel in 95 degree weather.when i was out for panther i sat 15 days out of 25.i guess i should of taken those 150 mile runs that would of had me deadhead after the load another 150 miles to a city.not to mention the dh to pick up.oh well i said my peace.i wasnt really bashing panther,untill you came in here bashing everyone.i just wanted to know how many conway-now drivers left maybe since your so smart you can answer my question here

rfrogger120

Expert Expediter
I dont know if anyone else noticed but in the classified section, it seems that the only hiring going on is by panther fleet owners. does that tell anyone anything, it tells me something.

me42651

Seasoned Expediter
yes have also seen there ad for drivers only for fleet owners,i belive they were paying 42 a mile solo and 50 m team splitthats less than the normal split.by the way there are many nice people over at panther.i get alomg good with them.but there are always a couple of bad apples any where you go.

scootr68

Expert Expediter
>it's Scott right?
>Easy guess why didn’t you attack me?
>
>Oh I know you know I have a ligament gripe.

You have a ligament problem?? Have you see a Dr. for that??

>Oh and you was the main reason I left the last time glad
>your not in direct contact with owners or drivers any
>longer. just wonder why they didn't fire you long time ago
>who you related to any way?

Yep,it's Scott...and oh,I am in direct contact with owners/drivers.DaveKC is a fleet owner and has my direct number anytime he needs me. Not sure where you get your info. Why would they fire me? I get along with 95% of out fleet.It's the 5% on the whiners/non-hackers/non performers I have issues with...I guess you would fall in the category.We've been down this road with you Alvin...your name is well known throughout dispatch as it was your first time around at Panther. We do not need people like that. I'm not here nor at Panther for you to like.

scootr68

Expert Expediter
>hey scott whats up?i remember you,you were the one that
>wanted to dispatch me from toledo oh. to new york city while
>i sat in lorado texas.then qualcoming me about excepting
>it.unless theres another scott.

Don't recall ever giving you a load. There is another Scott as well. I really don't recognize your name either.

>was 148 m dh and 190 loaded that would of put me out in the
>middle of no where.then was placed out of service for not
>taking it on a friday,didnt know i was out of servive by
>omaho till panther called me monday asking when im coming
>back into service.

You don't get put out of service for refusing loads unless you were 1.Already out of service 2.Have a truck issue that keeps you from doing any loads.

and yes your right i turned down 7 runs
>over the holiday weekend because i was home and didnt want
>to sit in a truck stop over the long weekend.but did manage
>to get a michigan to lorado run out on saturday.at least it
>was miles and not the normal 150 to 250 mile runs that i
>have turned down.as for out of service,i didnt start with
>panther till the 17th of aug.truck was down for repair i
>quess that counts against me too.from the 17th of august
>till sept 12 the day i got back home i have been out of
>service on my own for 3 days,my last run i sat in lorado for
>5 days the last three being first out,but still nothing
>except the load you offered me.i took wed.and thur.off then
>came back into service last friday.was told that they would
>give me a good long run over the weekend.but only got
>offered a 185 mile run to fort wayne from detroit.i refused
>that one also.now looking at the panther site they placed me
>out of service again.was it because i refused a small run?

No,again you do not get placed out of service for refusing a load. I'm sure there's more to this story.

>ive been in service since last friday.it was panther that
>has taking me out of service again.you take me out of
>service more times than i have.if your going to come on here
>at least tell the whole story.and by the way i talked to you
>over the qual com when i asked why trucks that came into
>lorado after i did where lewaving before me,i counted 7 of
>them in 5 days,they were all heading toward lorado.unless
>they were going to mexico they must of had a load
>offer.

You "assumed" they had load offers, it couldn't be that they left on their own free will? You also have to take into account that the load may have required a bigger truck dimension wise?, a team?,etc...it's not always black and white as to why you would see others leaving an area.

>since your so smart you can answer my question here

I have no idea how many are left. I don't distinguish one truck from the next whether it be Panther or former Conway drivers.

me42651

Seasoned Expediter
scott im telling you the truth on what happened i did not place my self out of service,i went back into service friday at 8:00 refused the run.never said im going out of service.but was put out of service by someone there.if there is more to the story then fill me in please i would like to know.thanks