Oil in antifreeze

[email protected]

Seasoned Expediter
Hi all looking for a little help please I have a 2010 Hino 258 my problem is I have oil in my antifreeze which usually means oil cooler but from what I hear they usually don’t go in a Hino I am also gaining oil so I am thinking it maybe a injector cup can any one help please

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi all looking for a little help please I have a 2010 Hino 258 my problem is I have oil in my antifreeze which usually means oil cooler but from what I hear they usually don’t go in a Hino I am also gaining oil so I am thinking it maybe a injector cup can any one help please

My first thought is head gasket. For your sake, I hope not

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

The oil cooler is a likely cause, and its true that they dont usually go bad, the gaskets where the oil passages are do, so its not that the parts to fix it are going to be a big amount, the labor will be. The alternator, turbo an a few other things have to be removed to get to the oil cooler. Injector cups are also possible, but thankfully the entire head does not have to be removed to replace them, Hino makes a tool that can remove and re-install the cups with the head attached, only need to remove the injectors.

Now to the problem of gaining oil, that could be from the injectors over fueling because they are going bad or the fuel return pipe that attaches to the top of each injector is bad. Whenever that pipe is removed it must be replaced, along with the banjo bolt that attaches to the head.

Let us know what you find.