oil change interval

G

I know you will LOL. If you use a Harvard filter and Conklin oil you can change at 50,000 or 1000,000 intervals or not at all. Depending on your engine characteristics. To further back this up call the boys at Fluid Filtration Services at Walcott la. 888-284-6523 or visit their antimated web site. www.qconline.com/ffs
Ask for Art, Laren or Elmer.

They have several trucks using Harvard filters.
I am not a salesman. I have on on my truck and believe in this.

G

RE: oil change interval 50,000 100,000 COME ON............

I THINK YOU AND YOUR HARVARD FILTER ARE SMOKINTHAT WACKY TOBACCA

G

As I said, don't take my word for it.
Take the time to research what total base numbers mean.look at synthetic oils and reg oils.Total base numbers for one thing tell you the status of the additive in your oil.Harvard filters remove moisture from your oil thus prevents the mixing with sulfur to make acid to eat your additive package.They also hold soot in large qtys.
I am on my 2nd truck.I have 350000 mi and no oil changes.My last truck was a 64 Volvo with detroit 430 with 750000 miles.It was sold ,and at 1mil miles was in shop to have bearings in .Dealer said they were good for another 300000 mi.I do understand that the larger motors need to be changed more frequently because of higher levels of nitrogen.AGAIN do oil analysis this will tell you if you need to change your oil.Even your cat deeler will tell you this.AND finally call Dennis Morgan at Harvard or Harvy shade at Como in Janesville WI. makers of como industrial filters.608-756-3838.
Both are comperable.

G

Just came from truck show in Springfield Il.Shell is advertising 60000 mile oil changes using their synthetic.

G

Check into a luberfiner.It wont give 50,000 miles but,it will give 3 to 4 more thousand miles over usual. And here is the big kick, it wont void your warranty. All the powerplant manufactures accept this alternitive.hope this helps.
p.s. contact your dealer for info.

G

What I am trying to find out is the
usual miles between iol changes,thanks
for the replys.

G

I would change my oil at 60000 mi provided I had harvard filter,and again this would depend on total base numbers.I would go synthetic.Shell,Texaco,Chevron,Amsoil are all good oils.

G

our mechanic recomends no more than 7000 mi betewn changes this is regular engine oil

G

Thanks everybody,I have been changing oil about
every 7 or8000 and the oil looks good,so I guess
I will continue,thanks again

silverdollar

G

Look it up in the owners engine manual or call Cummins. The reccommended oil change interval for the ISC is 15,000 miles according to Cummins Literature that I have. Why waste money at the price of oil changes. Its unnecessary. Oil Analysis can save you a bundle. But again, the reccommendation by Cummins is 15,000 miles without any extra considerations. Why no one answers the question is beyond me. I am looking into synthetics, Spinner II and Harvard filters also but you don't need any of this to go 15,000 miles. LOL Ed