OH SOOO Funny!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We just got a load offer, over 12,000# paid UNDER $1 per mile. How funny is that? They STILL want to use load acceptance as a tie breaker for the 4 Star. How funny is that? :p:D

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Load acceptance as a tie breaker hmm they ought to use how many customers call in and Brag u up on doing a good job or requesting you and your truck to come back as you gave them such good customer satisfaction.
That would be Common Sense dont you agree.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
We got one last week that was 10 pieces, 13000 pounds, liftgate, and delivered in Brooklyn, NY for $.87/all miles.

And for the record, we get offers like yours REGULARLY. Funny thing is, usually the heavier it is, the cheaper it is.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Not even for double that would it find its way onto our truck unless it was delivering in my front yard and I really wanted to get home.:D We would still probably ask for more $$.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We got one last week that was 10 pieces, 13000 pounds, liftgate, and delivered in Brooklyn, NY for $.87/all miles.

And for the record, we get offers like yours REGULARLY. Funny thing is, usually the heavier it is, the cheaper it is.

Maybe that was just the FSC?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Back when I was on percentage, I was told if we got an offer like that, when we turn it down, put acceptable price in the comment section. That way they have something to work with.

I always looked at it (when vans were on percentage) is the 'loaded miles' normal rate? If so, and it's the deadhead that killed it, I didn't fuss at the dispatcher, just told 'em.. deadhead kills it.. now that vans are on flat rate, I still tell 'em, deadhead kills it..

Dale