OG Newbie, ready to get out of the truck stop biz

Hoghead

New Recruit
Researching
Hey guys, I have worked for a major truck stop retailer for 10 years. 9.5 of those years I was traveling by car, about 90000 miles a year inspecting their stores. The retailer changed my program, and put me managing a truck stop 12 hours a day on my feet. In my 50's and way too old for me to be running non stop for 12 hours a day. Knees won't take it. Plus about 20% of the drivers treat employees like crap. I enjoyed the road, living out of my car. Really do not care about home time. My wife doesn't like me that much and 2 daughters in college. Was hoping I could make more money expediting. not sure I want to drive a 53 ft trailer around these a hole car drivers, but would like to try a sprinter or straight truck first without putting out the 50 to 100 grand to buy one right off. But, I would like to later, once I kind of figure things out. I see these guys come in the truck stop either bragging about the money, over their limits on cash advances, or getting their debit cards declined. They either rich or broke, so will figure it out on my own. In the central Indy area.

HolidayMD

Rookie Expediter
Researching
I’m looking for a driver for a sprinter van. It was leased onto Tri-State. Let me know if you’re interested.
Let’s talk.

Thanks,
Jeff