October places, things, thoughts and wishes and some other stuff.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Got one that more than made up for it, guess the right thing works out sometimes lol.

Me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
yep...your fault...snooze ya lose, pal.....being in service means you are ready to go NOW.....poke, poke.....JKing

Yep, I'm sure I'm the only one who doesn't go out of service to sleep lol.

Me

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then again I just said yes to Laredo yesterday and hoped we didn't get it....lol
Dale I always stay in service.... But my case is not like yours....I am not at home in a cushy bed! Lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, I'm sure I'm the only one who doesn't go out of service to sleep lol.

Me

I just read the QC message from Mike about going out of service if not going to take load! Timing......lol

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I just read the QC message from Mike about going out of service if not going to take load! Timing......lol

Yeah, I saw that, but the reality is that it seems when I do that, then its two more days after I go back in service before I get a load.

When I'm on the road, I nap a lot more, therefore it really doesn't matter what time they call me.. But when at home, I got a lot more stuff to do and can't nap during the day usually.

Not whining too much, lol..I understand the reasoning, but there's never going to be an easy answer I guess. I'm not going to take a run when I'm too sleepy, but I hate to go out of service just to sleep.

be nice to have a thing, where we go in " sleep mode," for 8 hours, but didn't lose dwell times.

me

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The layover clock would have stop as well... John isn't going to pay people to sleep off duty..... Ya know Iam just pokin at ya having some fun eh?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
All the cheap arse runners are out of sight 2 Bolts 1 E1, 1 try state and a dozen Murray's ......LOL....might win a bid now! Lol

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The layover clock would have stop as well... John isn't going to pay people to sleep off duty..... Ya know Iam just pokin at ya having some fun eh?

Oh yeah, I know that, and that would be fair to if you were on layover, and use the sleep mode the layover clock would stop during that time. That's fair. Of course, I would only use it at home lol.

It's only bit me a couple of times, so I can't complain too much. it could be much worse, I could be complaining about my rates being cut, and my load acceptance being included in my ranking lol :D

Me again.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Oh yeah, I know that, and that would be fair to if you were on layover, and use the sleep mode the layover clock would stop during that time. That's fair. Of course, I would only use it at home lol.

It's only bit me a couple of times, so I can't complain too much. it could be much worse, I could be complaining about my rates being cut, and my load acceptance being included in my ranking lol :D

Me again.

It is like an impossible to answer question. Drives me crazy. The whole clock/position thing. I see all sides of it. Just wish I had a great answer.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is like an impossible to answer question. Drives me crazy. The whole clock/position thing. I see all sides of it. Just wish I had a great answer.

So many loads that we would want to go OOS to sleep gets my vote. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No problem as soon as you want to run at yellow truck rates! LOL

At yellow truck rates, the drivers can't afford to sleep. Ever.
I stayed OOS today [yesterday, now] because the rain & strong wind gusts aren't something I want to drive through, much less keep jumping in & out of the truck. It's nice that we can afford to do that, every now & then.
Just hoping it's better tomorrow, cause one day is the limit, lol. ;)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
75 South thru KY was NOT the place to be drivin a sail tonight...wow...didn't realize how much of a grip I had on the wheel til I decided to get fuel.. let go of the wheel and my hands were sore, and started cramping!

Dale

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Did the motor city to Springfield, tn thing. Quite breezy and rainy all the way. Made for a long drive. Wind seems to have died down for now. Nicer day tomorrow! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
75 South thru KY was NOT the place to be drivin a sail tonight...wow...didn't realize how much of a grip I had on the wheel til I decided to get fuel.. let go of the wheel and my hands were sore, and started cramping!

Dale

Air tabs do wonders in the wind. One hand on the wheel the whole way through the storm into Iowa. The best money I have spent on something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app