Obamas Syria case flawed

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"The aim is to "prevent or deter" Syria from killing its citizens with chemical weapons, according to the Obama administration's original draft resolution."

Buuuut drones are OK for killing your citizens.

It boggles the mind that Obama and anyone in Congress considers a military attack on a sovereign nation to not be an act of war.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It boggles the mind that Obama and anyone in Congress considers a military attack on a sovereign nation to not be an act of war.
Sitting here right now watching Kerry testify before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee ...

In his earlier exchange with Senator Rand Paul, Kerry disputed Paul's assertion and stated he didn't believe that this would be "going to war ... in the classic sense" ...

What a frickin' putz-tard ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wonder what Kerry's response might be to Syria launching an attack on, oh, say, Maryland, as a punitive measure for Obama killing US citizens with drones of mass retardation. I wonder if he might consider that an act of war, in the classic sense.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1378253842614.jpg
    1378253842614.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 31

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Its time to come home..Enough is enough.. The ME has been killing each other for over 2000 years, long time b 4 we got there and will always be ****ed about something ......................sail on.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Should be ok as Obama stated there isn't a red line any more even though that is what he said. :rolleyes:
Now we are to believe this is "the world's red line". Funny how none are participating.
That should be our clue to stay out.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Should we Bomb Syria.....Should we NOT Bomb Syria..........Quite Frankly........I could really give a Rats Turd whether we do or not.

Hell.....all they're doing is using the WMD's that Saddam HID over there before US removed him as Dictator......So In Essence......they are reaping what they sowed.....

With that Said......I am really LOVING Putin more and more everyday. He has taken the same George W Bush stance that GW took with the "either you're with us....or you're against us" mantra after 9/11. AND.....he is basically TELLING not only Obawa.....but the world over.....that our Monkey Ash Commander in Chief wrote check with his mouth that his Ash CANNOT cash now with the "Red Line" stance.

“I want to draw your attention to one absolutely fundamental fact,” he said. “In accordance with applicable international law, the authorization of the use of force against a sovereign state can only be given by the Security Council of the United Nations. Any other reasons, or methods, to justify the use of force against an independent and sovereign state are unacceptable and cannot be qualified as anything other than aggression.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/w...ack-not-enough-to-justify-us-attack.html?_r=0

I'm also LOVING how Putin is now clearly pointing out to the rest of the World that Obawa is just his little "bytch boy" that he likes to toy with..........

I hate that it's AMERICA as a whole that has become Russia's little "bytch" too.......but am glad to see that it is happening to THIS President on the worlds stage. America got what they Voted for.....a pussie for a leader that has pussified America not only here within our borders......but in the eyes of the World as a whole too.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Like I said: Kerry = complete frickin' putz-tard:

Kerry: Arabs Offered to Pay for US Invasion of Syria
Quickly Denies Plans to Invade Syria

by Jason Ditz, September 04, 2013

As the Obama Administration in general, and Secretary of State John Kerry in particular, attempt to foist a war against Syria on the American public, discussion of the enormous costs are become part of the debate.

Kerry dodged the question of the cost of the attack officials promise would be extremely limited, but did so by revealing that Arab nations have offered to pay the entire cost of a full US ground invasion.

Kerry tried to spin this as proof that the international community is “dedicated” to the war, but then hastily backtracked after he realized that a full-scale ground invasion wasn’t supposed to be on the table.

“That is not in the cards and nobody is talking about it,” Kerry then insisted, saying that everyone is “talking about taking seriously getting this job done.”

The puzzling claim follows Kerry’s statement yesterday that he didn’t want to rule out sending ground troops into Syria, which he insisted then too wasn’t explicitly being considered. The statements suggest that turning this “limited,” do-nothing war into an Iraq-style occupation is not only among the options, but has gone far enough that the administration has had discussions with other nations on paying for it.

Kerry: Arabs Offered to Pay for US Invasion of Syria -- News from Antiwar.com

And people think Obama is an amateur ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Definately back tracking on his own statement.
Obama-Red-Line-e1378310463703.jpg

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
My letter to John Kerry:

Dear Mr. Secretary,

It was my pleasure to watch your testimony the other day before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. I saw Teresa was there ... she looked just mah-vel-lowss ...

I do have to say that you really showed those fellas a thing or two - particularly that Rand Paul guy - your testimony was a real tour-de-force. I imagine that comes from your having been the committee chairman previously.

Quite impressive how you - as Secretary of State - grilled that Senator Paul with all those questions. I do have one or two questions for you, if it isn't all that much trouble and you don't mind.

I recently read how in your discussions - which weren't actually discussions apparently - some A-rabs offered to pony up the entire cost of a full-scale US ground invasion. Seemingly, it would be a good idea to take advantage of their generosity don't you think ?

Give the kids some exercise ... and we get to have them pay for all the weapons and ordnance that gets used - which will provide jobs here at home and keep up profits for the military suppliers and contractors. We could either take dollars or just have 'em send us some oil ...

Either way - I realize that the costs on the weapons and ordnance is probably pretty straightforward ... but have you given any serious thought as to what you might ask for the life of one of our sons or daughters ?

Sincerely,
rlent

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Too bad it will never get read. It has as much a chance of REALLY being read as the one I sent to Obama. I DID hear from my congressman on the subject, he did not say much, but I did hear from him. Nothing yet from my senators.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Thankfully my congressman, Mike Turner, is opposed to this. But his buddy Boehner, who serves the district next to me thinks it is a good idea. He thinks anything the President says is good.

As for Senators, Portman seems ok, however, Sherrod Brown is a wimp and is more liberal than his leader Reid.

sthfl2000

Active Expediter
We're gonna need fresh candidates for the up and coming races...we just lost some potential Presidential candidates in my opinion...say no to a Rubio ticket and any knuckle head that is supporting this absurd decision...FIRE them ALL!...and Boehner needs to step down so we can put in someone with balls instead of a mouth only Obama wannabe...this war/no war will be one of the biggest mistakes since the Election 5yrs ago

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
More news of the utter dishonesty emanating from Putz-tardville:

As we reported yesterday, however the inference that only Syria possesses chemical weapons is flatly untrue. In May of this year, Turkish military seized 2kg of sarin from “rebel” fighters from al Nusra Front. As we have extensively reported, al Nusra is the largest, best funded and most organized opposition force to the Assad regime. On May 30, 2013 when Turkish security forces arrested those 12 members of al Nusra Front, they found not only the 2kgs of sarin but those authorities went on to say that the sarin was going to be used in a bomb.

In Secretary of State Kerry’s address on Monday, he pointed out that the “evidence” against the Syrian government included YouTube videos he had watched of the victims. Too bad while scanning YouTube for evidence Sec. Kerry didn’t do a simple Google search of the words “al Nusra Front sarin gas”. Had he done so, he would have known that his claims of only the Syrian government possessing chemical weapons is not only untrue but easily disproved.

That however, didn’t seem to be of much concern considering that no major media have pointed out this fact despite such incredible claims from the Secretary of State. Rather than simply repeat over and over the claims by Kerry to the American people, why aren’t media fact checking him?

Sec. of State John Kerry Wrong About Syrian Weapons Claim | Ben Swann