Obama can't remember

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It would seem that Obama has a serious memory problem which would be another good reason (not that we need any more) not to reelect him.

In the interview below Obama states that he is opposed to a mandate on U.S. citizens FORCING them to buy health insurance. He states that mandates such as that don't work.

OR:

He was lying through his teeth.

[h=1]The Ellen DeGeneres Interview That Will Haunt President Obama[/h]

Long before his administration went into federal court to fight 27 states that are now challenging the constitutionality of the federal government forcing people to buy health insurance, then-presidential candidate Barack Obama told Ellen DeGeneres that—unlike his opponent Hillary Clinton—he opposed forcing the uninsured to buy health insurance, saying that it would be like forcing the homeless to buy homes.

“Both of us want to provide health care to all Americans. There’s a slight difference, and her plan is a good one. But, she mandates that everybody buy health care. She’d have the government force every individual to buy insurance and I don’t have such a mandate because I don’t think the problem is that people don’t want health insurance, it’s that they can’t afford it,” Obama said in a Feb. 28, 2008 appearance on Ellen DeGeneres' television show. “So, I focus more on lowering costs. This is a modest difference. But, it’s one that she’s tried to elevate, arguing that because I don’t force people to buy health care that I’m not insuring everybody. Well, if things were that easy, I could mandate everybody to buy a house, and that would solve the problem of homelessness. It doesn’t."

The Ellen DeGeneres Interview That Will Haunt President Obama - Politics - Fox Nation

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I don't believe the P.O.S. in Chief has forgotten anything! However I do believe that he is nothing but a Liar!!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Might make a good Romney commercial.

That is assuming that Romney has the guts.

I find another thing in that interview is the idea that Obama finds that the use of force in a health care mandate is only a minor difference in how to provide it. He must believe that the use of force against the People is OK.

Last edited: