Obama administration determined to stop Petraeus testimony on Benghazi attack.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
David Petraeus has resigned his position as Director of the CIA just days before he was scheduled to testify before Congress. Petraeus was to testify concerning his knowledge about the terrorist attack in Benghazi which resulted in our US ambassador and 3 other Americans being killed.

At the heart of Petraeus' sudden resignation was the revelation he had an affair with his biographer, Mrs. Broadwell.

Apparently, the FBI had been investigating emails involving Broadwell, Petraeus and another woman. In any event, it seems the Obama administration might have timed the Petraeus resignation for their own political benefit: not wanting the bombshell resignation to come until after the presidential election BUT to be timed immediately after the election and just before Petraeus was to give Congressional testimony which might embarrass the Obama adminimistration.

In time. the truth will surface. If Congress insists on Petraeus testifying, eventually it will happen. Lots of questions surround Petraeus' resignation. The timing and motives are suspect. Obviously, the resignation could have been handled so as not to publicly humiliate the General and his family.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obama learned from Carter. He is just better at it. This is EXACTLY why intell agents have to remain clean. They are open to blackmail, just as Obama did to the general. Too bad someone did not nail Clinton that way. Play stupid and pay the price.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Obviously, the resignation could have been handled so as not to publicly humiliate the General and his family.
Don't bet on it - the truth often has a way of making itself known eventually.

BTW, would you support the same standard (essentially a cover-up and no humiliation) ... if we were talking Obama rather than the General ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't bet on it - the truth often has a way of making itself known eventually.

BTW, would you support the same standard (essentially a cover-up and no humiliation) ... if we were talking Obama rather than the General ?

The truth never came out about what Carter did and did not do in Iran. Many died and many lives were ruined and he got away with it, scott free.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Obama learned from Carter. He is just better at it. This is EXACTLY why intell agents have to remain clean. They are open to blackmail, just as Obama did to the general. Too bad someone did not nail Clinton that way. Play stupid and pay the price.
Seems to me that the way blackmail usually works, is that one doesn't publicly reveal the dirt one has on the blackmailee (thereby preserving the threat of public disclosure and all that would ensure from it), in order to force them to do something you want ...

Dunno ... maybe you are talking about some other type of blackmail than the one I'm familiar with ...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Seems to me that the way blackmail usually works, is that one doesn't publicly reveal the dirt one has on the blackmailee (thereby preserving the threat of public disclosure and all that would ensure from it), in order to force them to do something you want ...

Dunno ... maybe you are talking about some other type of blackmail than the one I'm familiar with ...

Just using it as an example as to why intell agents need to stay clean, but you knew that.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Just using it as an example as to why intell agents need to stay clean, but you knew that.
What reason you were using "it" for is immaterial - I'm rejecting the premise (that he was blackmailed) ... since there is no evidence to support it.

Of course, that's a lot different than saying he couldn't have been blackmailed.

IOW:

You assert something as a fact - something for which you have very little, if any, real evidence (gee - why does that seem awfully familiar ?)

I, on the other hand reject it (due to the absence of evidence) ... while at the same time, allowing that it could possibly be true.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Uh-huh ... right.

I knew over 40 people who where working that embassy when it happened. THEY were all extracted PRIOR to the attack. Carter WAS told it was coming and given a 3 day window when it was expected. OUR people were extracted 5 days prior, at night, with ONE suitcase per family. I would have been there had my wife not cancelled the orders. Wives had that right.

Carter was also told, once, how to get the hostages out, he refused. He was also told NOT to go in when he finally did. He was TOLD it was sandstorm season and that it was likely that our helicopters would fail. They did. brave men died for no reason.

Reagan did NOTHING to expose what Carter did.

Those I knew were forced to wait over 18 months to be reimbursed for their personal property loses.

You may choose to call me a liar if you wish, I don't suggest you call my wife one as well. SHE will tell you the same thing. SHE was there too.

FIRST hand knowledge is powerful.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What reason you were using "it" for is immaterial - I'm rejecting the premise (that he was blackmailed) ... since there is no evidence to support it.

Of course, that's a lot different than saying he couldn't have been blackmailed.

IOW:

You assert something as a fact - something for which you have very little, if any, real evidence (gee - why does that seem awfully familiar ?)

I, on the other hand reject it (due to the absence of evidence) ... while at the same time, allowing that it could possibly be true.

That's OK, you reject everything I say, just to be a pain. Have fun.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Rep. Eric Cantor, much like Rep. Peter King, is a wretched little turd:

FBI agent's call didn't affect Petraeus-Broadwell probe, official tells NBC News
By Pete Williams and Kristen Welker, NBC News

An FBI agent's call to a congressional staffer had no effect on the investigation of CIA Director David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell or the timing of the disclosure to James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, a senior law enforcement official tells NBC News.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., has suggested that if not for the agent's call, the matter might never have been disclosed, or at least, not when it was revealed.

But the official insists that's not the case.

"I was contacted by an FBI employee concerned that sensitive, classified information may have been compromised and made certain (FBI Director Robert) Mueller was aware of these serious allegations and the potential risk to our national security,” Cantor said in a statement.
Advertise | AdChoices

Petraeus resigned on Friday from the CIA post, citing an extramarital affair.

The official says the call to Capitol Hill came from an agent who was initially involved in the investigation but who was later removed from the case because he knew an associate of one of the people being investigated.

The agent knew someone on the Hill and called that person, a Republican staffer, according to the official. But that phone call had no effect on either the course of the investigation, the involvement of the FBI's Mueller -- who was following it closely long before Cantor called him -- or the decision to notify Clapper, the official says.

"The investigation had to take a certain path, step by step. Things needed to be explored, and there were sensitivities to observe. It was overseen carefully," the official says.

This official says the agent did not seek whistle-blower protection and should not be described as a whistle-blower, as other sources have said.

An FBI investigation into a complaint about Broadwell, who authored a biography of Gen. Petraeus, turned up emails indicative of an extramarital affair between the writer and the general, senior law enforcement officials and government officials familiar with the investigation previously told NBC News.

The woman who received the allegedly harassing emails that were traced to Broadwell, has been identified as Jill Kelley, 37, of Tampa, Fla., multiple sources confirmed to NBC News on Sunday.

NBC News has been unable to reach Broadwell and Kelley for comment.

FBI agent's call didn't affect Petraeus-Broadwell probe, official tells NBC News

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A jack plate may well be required ... but it ain't the boat that needs it.

Having a cavitation problem and need some bow lift. Have plenty of speed and hole shot is good. A back rake/cupped bladed prop would help. the jack plate would give me some offset into cleaner water for more prop bite. You know anything about this or am I over your head already? THIS is important. THIS I can fix.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Why didn't Obama force Petraeus to resign before Election Day? Why force a resignation days before Petraeus was due to testify about Benghazi?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Having a cavitation problem
I'll say ...

and need some bow lift.
I'm getting close to the age where that may be a problem myself.

Have plenty of speed and hole shot is good. A back rake/cupped bladed prop would help. the jack plate would give me some offset into cleaner water for more prop bite. You know anything about this or am I over your head already?
Just enough to be dangerous.

THIS is important. THIS I can fix.
Then why are you wasting time on here peddling goofy stories from FrontPage Mag instead of working on fixing it ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Why didn't Obama force Petraeus to resign before Election Day? Why force a resignation days before Petraeus was due to testify about Benghazi?
Who says Obama forced him to resign at all ?

Where is the evidence to support that premise ?