Now 60 gallons for a shower at TA

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For you st drivers TA has just raised their free shower requirement to 60 gallons. Another driver posted about it on fb.
Looks like vans were raised to 60 cumulative also. Pfj wins again.

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
For you st drivers TA has just raised their free shower requirement to 60 gallons. Another driver posted about it on fb.
Looks like vans were raised to 60 cumulative also. Pfj wins again.
60 gallons for a sprinter van. LOL.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
it's always been a problem, when I started in 1992 , they wanted 50 gals for a shower and my ud, had only 30 gal tank, add a 35 gal tank still only took 30 gal's. So I planed along the way where I was going to stop, by time got to lay over truck stop I had the 50 gal's for shower. Other thing I did on side I sold Mary Kay, and offer gal's at fuel desk a free sample for the shower, worked about 50 per cent of time

Reactions: Turtle

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At least they are trying out a program where you get 2 credits for 120 gallons. Before, you had to stop @ 50 then buy another 50 to get the extra credit.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If they really cared to have van business you would think they would match pfj and include gas. They have never showed any desire to compete so I don't expect them to now.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What would be a fair gallon minimum?

Compete with their competitors (as far as expediters are concerned) if they truly want that segment of the market.

The 2 credits for 120 gal is some common sense thinking though....gotta tip the hat to that.

Reactions: Greg

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What would be a fair gallon minimum?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
50 or 60. Either seems fair. Just like everything else, costs will rise for showers. I remember when they were $5 Or any fuel purchase, but the showers were a lot worse back then too.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, but I use less than 60 gallons. How green is that! Besides, the last time I showered at a T/A it had a big orange ball with the number 76 on it.
And I'm sure it cost less than $14

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe it was free with no minimum gallon purchase. If I recall, all that was required was the fuel purchase was charged to a Union 76 credit card.

Reactions: Greg

floridawheels

Active Expediter
Pilot/FJ gives a 1/2 credit for 25 gallons.

When I was running a dually I quit fueling anyplace else because only there could I get a shower 25gal at a time....

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pilot/FJ gives a 1/2 credit for 25 gallons.

When I was running a dually I quit fueling anyplace else because only there could I get a shower 25gal at a time....
TA/Petro Ultra One Expediter card gives cumulative credits. As long as you get 14 gallons of diesel, when you get to 50 (now 60 gallons of diesel), you get a shower credit.