Nothing but the truth!

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
What's wrong with being honest? Why are some people intent on spreading lies? Is it a compulsion or a mental defect? A lie takes dedication to maintain even more so to people who interact with the liar on a regular basis but the truth takes no dedication because the truth is what it is. I would rather lose a fried, fight, load, job, spouse or anything because the truth was told rather than keep any of them based on lies!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think we are now reaping what we have sown as a society. People in general don't seem to think they need to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. Its ok to lie and cheat to achieve our goals and its only wrong if you get caught seems to be the words too many people live by today and what's even worse Is now even if you do get caught, people try and put some kind of spin on it to make it look like someone else is responsible.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We don't want the truth anymore. We want everything sugar coated and bubble wrapped to protect us from the truth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is not ONLY the truth that has been tossed aside. Take the example of the "Do-gooder" IE a person that does good. That has somehow been morphed into something bad. I guess that means that "do-badders" are now the "do-gooders"

People who have strong beliefs and ideas are often ridiculed for them and wishy washy, namby pambies, the "anything is OK" crowd are looked upon as "enlightened", no matter how much damage they do.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
It baffles me when someone you thought you knew who's advise or information you took to be true and honest only to find out it was fabricated, then when you call them on there mistake ( the first time or two ) they immediately grab the role of the victim, rather than owning there mistake or lie they blame everyone else like they were totally innocent , they think by an act of misdirection it will minimize there deceit but all it does is keep there lie alive, it seems the more people I communicate with the less I like anyone at all!

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
And this is exactly why western society is on the decline and has been since the end of WWII. The East Indian and Asians are taking over as they do not have the attitude of entitlement, nor do they believe the world owes them a living like the Western European and North American societies do. They are also much more family oriented whereas in North America we are out for ourselves. It's the old "united we stand divided we fall" scenario at work.

As I said, we are reaping what we have sown since the end of WWII. In a hundred years (or maybe even less) you will not even recognize North America as it exists today.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
And this is exactly why western society is on the decline and has been since the end of WWII. The East Indian and Asians are taking over as they do not have the attitude of entitlement, nor do they believe the world owes them a living like the Western European and North American societies do. They are also much more family oriented whereas in North America we are out for ourselves. It's the old "united we stand divided we fall" scenario at work.

As I said, we are reaping what we have sown since the end of WWII. In a hundred years (or maybe even less) you will not even recognize North America as it exists today.

I'm almost forty now but when I was raised I was taught values, honesty, respect and I was told the importance of personal character, its sad to admit but I believe the last generation have not been taught these values. Values are almost non existant these days and it seems the creating a false identity through deception and lies, the values of post WW 2 are gone or are on a limited basis and that is scary to say the least. Honesty, true honesty is a rare thing and to be truthful it seems so foreign that when we meet a truly honest person we have a hard time seeing that they are honest. Greed is by far the biggest catalyst in the current world in which we live, its that less than honorable existence that makes me lose almost all faith in people, the truth is usually less glamorous and never as interesting as a lie no matter the stage in which its used.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I believe that the media and corporations are largely to blame. People are influenced by what they read , see and hear. When government, the media and business constantly lie and try to con you, eventually you will get to believe that it is acceptable behavior and will respond in kind.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I believe that the media and corporations are largely to blame. People are influenced by what they read , see and hear. When government, the media and business constantly lie and try to con you, eventually you will get to believe that it is acceptable behavior and will respond in kind.

Scary stuff ya know!!!

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Scary part is....it's been purposely done. All the evidence is there on who funded it, who created the programs, and how it would be implemented. The evidence is so voluminous, as to be living in denial if you reject it. Old values have been near totally wiped out.

'Someone" once stated, good will be called evil, and evil good. We are there.

Some very enlightened posts on this thread; and oh so true. :)

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sounds pretty Orwellian to me.

The ministry of truth
The ministry of peace
All doublespeak
there is no reality anymore, only perception.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds pretty Orwellian to me.

The ministry of truth
The ministry of peace
All doublespeak
there is no reality anymore, only perception.

Agreed. I think the reason it's so easy for these people to lie with impunity?

People don't want the truth, because they can't deal with it. Much easier and more comfortable if one just adheres to the smooth talk and ignores reality. After all, facing the truth might mean you'd have to do something about it. Much easier to tune in the playoffs, stare at the latest tech gadget, and every manner of bread and circus act.....which keep the masses sedate.

While Rome burned, of course. :)

You can present fact upon fact of an issue and the whole thing will be rejected because the lie is much easier to deal with. Liars flourish in this present world as a result. That magic act is happening right before your eyes, and at this very minute.

However, no populace can be ignorant and expect to remain free.

Last edited: